Benefits to Faculty Advisors
There are several benefits to serving as an SAE Faculty Advisor, including:
- A Certificate of Recognition from SAE International.
- Networking opportunities with contacts from industry, government and other universities at various SAE events, including:
- Subscription to Momentum: The SAE Magazine for Student Members of SAE International
- The ability to nominate exemplary student leaders for the SAE Collegiate Chapter Outstanding Student Officer Award.
- The ability to recognize outstanding juniors for the SAE Long Term Member Sponsored Scholarship.
- The ability to take advantage of the SAE Technical Papers program to provide technical information for your Collegiate Chapter student members.
- An opportunity to enhance the education and career path of future engineers.
For those Faculty Advisors who are SAE members, there are additional benefits, including:
- An opportunity to be nominated for the SAE Faculty Advisors Award.
- Being eligible for peer recognition for your outstanding contributions through the many industry and faculty awards.
- A complimentary print subscription to the SAE Magazine of your choice.
- The ability to read the SAE Digital magazines online each month.
- Access to the SAE Member Roster.
- Discounts on registration costs for SAE Professional Development courses.
- Discounts on SAE publications (Technical Papers, Standards, books, CDs, etc.).
- Free online access to the SAE Worldwide Automotive Supplier Directory.
- Group discounts on insurance, shipping, travel, and more.
SAE Staff Contact:
Local Activity Specialist