April 16-18, 2013
Detroit, Michigan, USA
SAE 2013 World Congress Annual Banquet
Thursday, April 18, 2013, 6:00 p.m.
A long-established tradition each year at the SAE World Congress, the Annual Banquet is the largest and most prestigious gathering of automotive industry leaders from around the world. You'll have the opportunity to network with the most influential people in the business during the pre-banquet reception on the exhibit floor. Join us at the industry's premier gala as we celebrate our accomplishments and honor the top OEM and supplier executives.
Featured Speaker -
Chairman and CEO
Chrysler Group LLC
Sergio Marchionne is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Chrysler Group LLC; CEO of Fiat S.p.A., as well as Chairman of Fiat Industrial S.p.A. and CNH Global N.V. (CNH).
Marchionne leads Fiat S.p.A.'s 20-member Group Executive Council (GEC) and serves as Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the GEC's NAFTA Regional Operations Group since September 1, 2011.
The GEC is the highest executive decision-making body within Fiat outside of its Board of Directors. It is responsible for reviewing the operating performance of the businesses, setting performance targets, making key strategic decisions and investments for the Group and sharing best practices, including the development and deployment of key human resources.
Fiat Industrial S.p.A. was created in January 2011 through the demerger of the capital goods of Fiat S.p.A., which controls CNH, Iveco and FPT Industrial.
Previously, Marchionne was elected Chairman of CNH Global N.V., in April 2006 and CEO of Fiat Group Automobiles S.p.A. in February 2005. He became CEO of Fiat S.p.A. in June 2004 and has been a member of the board since May 2003.
Marchionne is President of the board of directors of the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA) for 2013. In 2010, he joined the board of directors of Exor S.p.A. Marchionne also serves as a member of the board of Philip Morris International Inc., and of ACEA.
He is a permanent member of the Fondazione Giovanni Agnelli. He is also a member of the board of the Peterson Institute for International Economics and the Chairman of the Italian Branch of the Council for the United States and Italy. Marchionne continues to serve as Chairman of SGS SA headquartered in Geneva. He previously served as non-executive Vice Chairman and Senior Independent Director for UBS.
His work background includes:
- 2011 - current, Chairman, Chrysler Group LLC
- 2011 - current, COO - NAFTA Regional Operations Group, GEC, Fiat S.p.A.
- 2011 - current, CEO, GEC, Fiat S.p.A.
- 2011 - current, Chairman of Fiat Industrial S.p.A, including CNH Global N.V., Iveco and FPT Industrial
- 2009 - current, CEO, Chrysler Group LLC
- 2006 - current, Chairman, CNH
- 2006 - current, Chairman, SGS Group of Geneva
- 2005 - current, CEO, Fiat Group Automobiles
- 2004 - current, CEO, Fiat S.p.A.
- 2003 - current, Member of the Board, Fiat S.p.A.
- 2002, CEO, SGS Group of Geneva
- 2002, Chairman, Lonza Group Ltd.
- 2000, CEO, Lonza Group Ltd.
- 1994, Various positions of increasing responsibility until becoming CEO, Algroup
- 1992, Vice President of Legal and Corporate Development and Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Lawson Group
- 1990, Vice President of Finance and CFO, Acklands Ltd.
- 1989, Executive Vice President, Glenex Industries
- 1985, Group Controller - Director of Corporate Development, Lawson Mardon Group
- 1983, Accountant and Tax Specialist, Deloitte & Touche
Marchionne is a barrister, solicitor and chartered accountant. He obtained a Bachelor of Arts with a major in Philosophy and minor in Economics from the University of Toronto and a Bachelor of Laws from Osgoode Hall Law School at York University in Toronto (Canada). Marchionne also has a Master of Business Administration and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Windsor (Canada).
Marchionne is recipient of an honorary Doctor of Laws from the University of Windsor (Canada) and an honorary Doctor of Business Administration from the University of Toledo (Ohio). He also has a Masters honoris causa from the CUOA Foundation (Italy), a degree ad honorem in Economics from the University of Cassino (Italy) and a degree ad honorem in Industrial Engineering and Management from Polytechnic University in Turin (Italy). Marchionne also holds the honor of Cavaliere del Lavoro.
Marchionne was born in Chieti, Italy, and has dual Canadian and Italian citizenship.
Wayne/Oakland Hall, 4:30 p.m.
The fee for single tickets is $150 and for tables of 10 it is $1500. Please contact SAE Customer Service to make your purchase.
SAE Customer Service
Telephone: 1-877-606-7323 (USA and Canada) Or 1-724-776-4970 (outside of USA and Canada)