Ride and Drive
In 2011, this distinctive event was all-the-buzz around World Congress. More than 25 vehicles saw over 1,600 riders with eager attendees waiting for up to an hour for their opportunity to drive the Nissan Leaf, Chevy Volt, and many of the other participating OEMs' and suppliers' vehicles
SAE is thrilled to report that we expect the same enthusiasm around the Ride and Drive event at SAE 2012 World Congress!
Dates and Times:
Tuesday, April 24
Wednesday, April 25
Thursday, April 26
10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Vehicles provided by multiple OEMs and suppliers will showcase innovative technologies such as advanced propulsion, recent launches, and specialty or halo vehicles. All vehicles can be test driven by attendees on a 10 minute course - making this one aspect of World Congress that you won't want to miss!
*OEMs and suppliers participating as of February 28, 2012:
- Nissan - featuring the Nissan Leaf
- Mitsubishi - featuring the Mitsubishi i-MiEV
- Chrysler - featuring the Fiat 500 Cabrio & UConnect Trailer
- GM - featuring the Chevrolet Volt
- Bosch - featuring the Jetta Sidewinder
- Honda - featuring the Honda Civic Natural Gas
- Magna Powertrain - featuring the Landrover LR2
- Ford - featuring the Ford Focus Electric