SAE 2009 AeroTech Congress Roadmap for the Young Engineer
Your early career years are a time of intense development from proficient practitioner toward expert status in your profession and within your company. It is a time to gain recognition for your on-the-job accomplishments and make plans to further enhance your professional capabilities and your solid reputation. Perhaps most importantly, it is also a time to begin making an impactputting your personal stampon the future of your industry and your community.
SAE can help you advance on ALL these fronts with a collection of resources and opportunities designed for this time in your career.
- Opening Keynotes
- Mike Bair, VP, Business Strategy & Marketing, Boeing Commercial Airplanes
- Pierre Vellay, Senior VP, New Aircraft and Corporate Fleet Planning, Air France
- Ken Krieg - Chief Executive Officer, Samford Global Strategies
- Plenary Session Executive Panel
- Workforce Development Panel
- ASME Early Career Seminar*
- TTA-Group Open Forum*
- Aerospace Operations
- Automated Fastening/Assembly & Tooling
- Aviation Cyber-Physical Security
- Flight Sciences
- Power Systems
- Unmanned Aerial Systems
Career Development and Education
- SAE Career Fair/Center
- SAE Professional Development Seminars*
- New! Digital Avionics Fiber Optics Technology and Standards for Aerospace
- New! Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (Product & Process) in Aerospace
- New! Understanding the FAA Aircraft Certification Process
- New! Introduction to AS5553 and Counterfeit Electronic Parts Avoidance Training
- New! Understanding AS9100-C Quality Management System Standard
- New! Aerospace Coatings and Corrosion Control: Materials and Applications
Littlewood Lecture and Awards Luncheon**
Speaker: Dr. Ramesh K. Argarwal, Wm. Palm Prof. of Engineering, Washington University in St. Louis
Sustainable (Green) Aviation: Challenges and Opportunities
Awards to be presented:
- Forest R. McFarland Award
- Ralph R. Teetor Educational Award
- SAE Aerospace Chair Award
- Technical Standards Board Outstanding Achievement Award
- Thomas H. Speller, Sr. Award
- William Littlewood Memorial Lecture Award
- Wright Brothers Medal
AeroTech Banquet and Awards**
Keynote Speaker: Elizabeth Lund, Vice President of Product Development, Boeing Commercial Airplanes
Awards to be presented:
- Clarence L. (Kelly) Johnson Aerospace Vehicle Design and Development Award
- Franklin W. Kolk Air Transportation Progress Award
- SAE Aerospace Engineering Leadership Award
- Marvin Whitlock Award
Standards Lounge and "Hot Spot"
SAE Technical Committee membersand prospective committee participantsare invited to visit the Standards Lounge for refreshments, networking, and access to the internet, SAE materials and SAE staff support. Enjoy a break from your day, meet informally with the professionals who create standards for our industry, and learn more about how you can play a role in standards development.
Whether you are just starting your mobility career or are a seasoned professional, SAE and its AeroTech Congress provide each and every attendee with abundant learning and development resources for every technical interest at any stage of one's career. Make it your SAE...make it your SAE AeroTech Congress!
*Separate registration & fee required.
**Space is limited. Please check with the Registration desk for availability.