September 18-20, 2017
Rosemont, Illinois, USA
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Ctr
Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 6:00PM
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Komatsu America Corp.
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Rod graduated from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in 1984 with a B.S. in Civil Engineering. He then obtained his M.B.A. from Keller Graduate School of Management in Chicago, Illinois. In 1995, Rod was inducted in Rose-Hulman's Athletic Hall of Fame. In 2011, Rod was appointed Board Member for Junior Achievement of Central Illinois.
Rod joined Komatsu America Corp. in 1987 as a Product Manager for Utility Equipment. He has held numerous assignments with increasing responsibility in the areas of marketing, sales and management.
- 1990 appointed Product Manager Wheel Loader Product Line
- 1995 appointed Manager Mining Sales - Appalachia Region
- 1997 appointed Director Marketing - Mining Products
- 2000 appointed Vice President Product Marketing
- 2004 appointed Vice President/General Manager - Mining Division
- 2010 appointed Executive Vice President and KAC Board Member
In August 2013, Rod was appointed Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Komatsu America Corp. headquartered in Rolling Meadows, Illinois. In his role, Rod has responsibility for leading and directing Komatsu America Corp's. Construction and Utility, Mining, Parts, Finance, Forestry, Forklift, Manufacturing and Engineering Divisions along with the corresponding back office support functions of Legal, Human Resources, Information Technology, Service Support and Marketing.
Rod is married to Kim and has three children, Logan, Hannah and Connor.