September 18th Keynote
Vice President - Powertrain, Transmission and Driveline Engineering and Head of Virtual Analysis, Chrysler Group LLC
Mircea Gradu was appointed Vice President and Head of Transmission Powertrain and Driveline Engineering, Chrysler Group LLC on July 1, 2011. In this position, Gradu is responsible for the design, development and release of all Transmission and Driveline systems for Chrysler Group LLC. In addition to this roll, Mircea Gradu will continue as Head of Virtual Tools Analysis and is responsible for identifying, enhancing and deploying virtual engineering capability. Additionally, he is a member of the Product Committee, reporting to Sergio Marchionne, Chief Executive Officer, Chrysler Group LLC. Gradu joined Chrysler in 2007 as Director - Transmission and Driveline Engineering.
Significant elements of his professional background include:
- 2011 - current, Vice President and Head of Transmission Powertrain and Driveline Engineering, Chrysler Group LLC
- 2009 - current, Head of Virtual Tools Analysis and Head of Transmission and Driveline Engineering
- 2007, Director - Transmission and Driveline Engineering, Chrysler LLC, DaimlerChrysler
- 1998, Director and Chief Engineer - The Timken Company
- 1996, Project Manager - Product Development, LuK Inc.
- 1993, Project Engineer and Team Leader - Driveline Efficiency and NVH, Daimler-Benz AG
Gradu is a recipient of the 2008 Edward Cole Award for Automotive Innovation from the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) and serves as Vice President of SAE International - Automotive Sector 2010-2012. Gradu was appointed SAE Fellow in 2011 and is, together with his team, the recipient of the 2010 SAE-Timken Howard Simpson Innovation Award for Transmission and Driveline Engineering. He enjoys travel and outdoor recreation, including mountain biking, kayaking and kiteboarding. Gradu holds a Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Stuttgart in Germany (1996) and a master's degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Polytechnic Institute in Bucharest, Romania (1987). Gradu was born in Bucharest, Romania.