Directions, Hotel, and Travel Information
Message to Attendees: SAE International has made every effort to secure the best possible group nightly room rate for you at this event. That rate results from a negotiated overall package of event needs such as sleeping rooms, meeting room space and other requirements. Contracts with the venue include a provision to reduce event costs if SAE meets or exceeds its minimum sleeping room block guarantee. Conversely, event costs will increase if SAE falls short of its minimum room block guarantee. Please help SAE keep the costs of this event as low as possible by booking your housing needs at the designated host hotel and through the reservation process created by SAE. Reserving elsewhere means you are booking outside the contracted room block, jeopardizing SAE's ability to meet its contracted obligations and to keep registration fees to a minimum. SAE appreciates your support and understanding of this important issue. Thank you.
How to Reserve a Hotel Room
Hyatt Regency Wichita
400 W. Waterman
Wichita, KS 67202
Tel: 316-2931234 Fax: 316-293-1200
All attendees are responsible for their own lodging and travel arrangements.
- A block of sleeping rooms has been reserved at the Hyatt Regency Wichita
- Complete the hotel reservation form
- SAE’s group rate is $138 single/double plus applicable taxes
- The government per diem rate is $70 single/double (or prevailing government per diem rate) plus applicable taxes
- Reservations must be made directly through SAE’s official housing provider, The Housing Connection
The Hyatt Regency Wichita is only 7 miles from the Wichita Mid-Continent Airport.
Check-In time: 3:00pm
Check-Out time: 12:00pm
Driving to the Hyatt Regency Wichita
From Wichita Mid-Continent Airport (7 miles):
Kellogg (Hwy. 54) East to Central Business District Exit. Turn left on Main Street. Go 3 blocks to Waterman Street and turn left. Hotel is in view.
From the north:
Take I-35 South to the Kellogg (Hwy. 54) WEST exit. Take the Central Business District exit to Main Street and turn right. Go 3 blocks to Waterman Street and turn left. Hotel is in view.
From the south
Take I-35 North to the Kellogg (Hwy. 54) WEST exit. Take the Central Business District exist to Main Street, and turn right. Go 3 blocks to Waterman Street and turn left. Hotel is in view.
Complimentary van shuttle service is available from Mid-Continent airport to the hotel. Please use the direct phone at the baggage claim area. Van should be there within 10-15 minutes. Guest may collect bags from flight while waiting. Shuttle Hours: 6am - 12 midnight
Taxi approx $8.50
Amenities at the Hyatt Regency Wichita
- Hotel rooms feature: separate work area, Am/Fm clock radio, dataport, dual line phones, high-speed internet access, iron/ironing board, voicemail, hairdryer, room service, coffee maker, video check-out.
- Indoor Heated Pool
- Fitness Facility
- Restaurants & Lounges include: Southwest Bar & Grill; White Rock Café; Leathers Cigar Lounge
Things to do and see in Wichita
In the heart of downtown, Hyatt Regency Wichita is in the midst of the city's most popular shopping, dining, sporting and entertainment activities. Just a short complimentary ride away from historic Old Town, a quaint area filled with antique shops, restaurants, nightclubs, the popular Farm and Art Market, and entertainment of all sorts. Hyatt Regency Wichita's "heart of downtown" location offers guests the ability to conveniently enjoy the best of the city's entertainment and leisure activities:
· The Wichita Symphony
· The Wichita Grand Opera
· Music Theatre of Wichita
· Sedgwick County Zoo
· Exploration Place
· Wranglers Baseball
· Ice Sports Center
· Historic Old Town
· Botanica, The Wichita Gardens
· Mid-America All Indian Center
· Wichita Art Museum
· Old Cowtown Museum
Check additional listings for exciting events and Wichita fun!
· Greater Wichita Convention & Visitors Bureau
· Century II Convention Center
· Wichita Festivals, Inc.