Hotel & Travel Information
Message to Attendees:
SAE International has made every effort to secure the best possible group nightly room rate for you at this event. That rate results from a negotiated overall package of event needs such as sleeping rooms, meeting room space and other requirements. Contracts with the venue include a provision to reduce event costs if SAE meets or exceeds its minimum sleeping room block guarantee. Conversely, event costs will increase if SAE falls short of its minimum room block guarantee. Please help SAE keep the costs of this event as low as possible by booking your housing needs at the designated host hotel and through the reservation process created by SAE. Reserving elsewhere means you are booking outside the contracted room block, jeopardizing SAE's ability to meet its contracted obligations and to keep registration fees to a minimum. SAE appreciates your support and understanding of this important issue. Thank you.
The Palmer House Hilton Hotel
17 East Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60603
- All attendees are responsible for their own lodging and travel arrangements.
- A block of sleeping rooms has been reserved at The Palmer House Hilton Hotel.
- SAE's group rate is $259 per room per night single/double occupancy, plus local, state and federal applicable taxes. Sleeping room internet is included in the nightly rate.
Reservations must be made through Orchid Event Solutions by Friday, May 27, 2011 by calling 800-847-5810 North America, 801-505-4138 International. You can also register through our on-line connection.
Hotel Check In/Check Out
Check in time is 3:00 p.m.
Check out time is 11:00 a.m.
$38 per night for self-parking, local self-park
$51 per night for valet parking
(Both allow 24-hour in-and-out access)
The Palmer House®: a Hilton Hotel - an iconic, world-class downtown Chicago hotel and gateway to Chicago's rejuvenated Loop scene. A modern Chicago grand hotel, the Palmer House is a lively destination within walking distance of the best attractions the city of Chicago has to offer like Millennium Park, Grant Park, Lake Michigan, the Art Institute of Chicago, the theater district, and the Magnificent Mile. Our Chicago, IL hotel boasts a locale close to the best of the city's offerings, shopping on the famed State Street and Jeweler's Row on Wabash Avenue.
When taking public transportation from O'Hare International Airport, take the Blue Line train to Monroe/Dearborn stop. Take Monroe east to the hotel. The Palmer House is on the south side of the street.
From Midway Airport, take the Orange Line from Midway to downtown. Get off at the Adams/Wabash stop. The Palmer House is located on the west side of Wabash Avenue. View all directions, map, and airport information.
Chicago-OHare International Airport
- Distance from hotel: 18 mi.
- Drive time: 35-60 min.
- Directions: Follow signs for I-190 out of airport. Take I-190 to I-90/94 east (Kennedy Expressway). Take I-90/94 to Monroe Street exit, turn left on Monroe Street (East) , Approximately 8 blocks to The Palmer House Hilton. Hotel is on the right.
Transportation to and from Chicago-O'Hare International Airport
Bus Service $25.00 USD
Limousine on request/cost varies
Subway/Rail $2.25 USD
Taxi $35.00 USD
Chicago Midway Airport
- Distance from hotel: 12 mi.
- Drive time: 30-45 min.
- Directions: North on Cicero Avenue. Take Stevenson Expressway (I-55) Northeast to Kennedy Expressway (I-90) West. Exit Monroe Street, turn right (East), 8 blocks to The Palmer House Hilton. Hotel is on the right.
Transportation to and from Chicago Midway Airport
Bus Service $20.00 USD
Limousine on request/rates vary
Subway/Rail $2.25 USD
Taxi $25.00 USD
Gary Regional Airport
- Distance from hotel: 25 mi.
- Drive time: 40 min.
Hotel Room Amenities
- Each room has Hilton's new Serenity Dreams bed providing a plush-top mattress to provide plenty of support and luxury.
- Fine European-style linens adorn the beds.
- Easy to set Alarm Clock with pre-set radio stations and MP3 connectivity.
- Personalized in-room listening available when using your iPods, CD players and other portable devices.
- Rooms have individually controlled heat/air conditioning.
- Rooms also include irons, ironing boards and hairdryers.
- All rooms have a standard desk with lamp.
- High-speed internet access is included in the nightly sleeping room rate
- Lavishly renovated guest rooms and suites
- Upscale furnishings and lush hospitality suites for events
- Lockwood, a critically acclaimed "Luxe-dining" restaurant rooted in French and Italian traditions, offering an upscale dining experience as well as business breakfast and lunch seven days a week
- Experience Potter's Lounge, a place for legendary cocktailing in the Loop to meet for sophisticated, but relaxed, conversation over drinks
- A new Lobby Bar for cocktails and light fare before dinner or the theatre
- Walk to State Street retail shopping
- Health Club by Precor® (usage fee) and a complimentary indoor pool & Jacuzzi®
- A highly-trained, award-winning Event and Service Teams for meetings and events
- New retail stores on the street level
- New on-site Valet Parking
- Executive Level that offers virtually ''a hotel within a hotel'' with a long list of special amenities suited for that busy executive
- A self-contained 7th floor conference rooms include thirty-eight function rooms which can accommodate virtually every business need
The Palmer House Chicago, Illinois hotel is near:
- Jay Pritzker Pavilion at Millennium Park; The School of the Art Institute of Chicago; Macy's on State Street; Shopping on the "Mag Mile"; Sears Tower; Bank of America Theatre; Chicago Theatre; Oriental Theatre; Goodman Theatre; Chicago Symphony Orchestra; Lyric Opera; Chicago Architecture Foundation; Shedd Aquarium; Field Museum; Adler Planetarium; Spertus Institute of Jewish Studies; Navy Pier; John Hancock Observatory; McCormick Place Convention Center; Chicago Water Tower