Future Fuels for Future Engines
Rationale and Aims of the special new Session on "Future Fuels for Future Engines"
- New combustion technologies are critically dependent on the chemistry and physical properties of fuels.
- Future fuels are increasingly going to be tailored to suit the needs of special pre-treatment, combustion and after-treatment requirements.
- New fuels are increasingly based on both the controllable simple synthetic chemistry or on complex chemistry of some biofuels.
- There is a need to discuss the interaction between the development of fuels and development of combustion in engines.
- This discussion does not need to be locked into specific engine designs or categories.
- There is a need for a forum to discuss longer term and "blank sheet of paper" research ideas as well as collaborative efforts between fuel developers and engine combustion developers.