October 10-12, 2017
Plymouth, Michigan, USA
The Inn at Saint John's
Previous attendees have come from many different types of organizations, including Tier 1 suppliers, OEMs, chemical companies, and academia.
- R&D engineer
- Product design engineer
- Executives / management
- College students
Benefits of Attending
Attendees from around the globe have gained many benefits from attending the SAE Thermal Management Systems Symposium.
- Education about the latest thermal management and alternative refrigerant technology and regulations in the industry
- Ample networking opportunities to make connections with key players and experts in the field
- Access to high-level, decision-making audience from industry, academia, and government
Why Should You Attend?
Attendees range from engineers to industry executives—will learn valuable solutions and strategies on how to navigate current thermal management challenges and regulations such as:
- Regulations dictating changes to vehicle performance and emission release
- Need to evaluate new hybrid and electric vehicles
- Need for industry standards to define increased load on the engine of a vehicle due to air conditioner usage, which reduces fuel efficiency and increases CO2 emissions
- Advanced/Alternative Propulsion and Thermal Systems
- Alternative Powertrain/Hybrid Battery Thermal Management
- Alternative Refrigerants and A/C Systems
- Heat Exchangers-Design and Manufacturing
- Powertrain Cooling
- Simulation of Thermal Systems
- Thermal Comfort and Cabin Air Quality
- Thermal Processes
- Underhood Thermal Management
- Vehicle Climate Control Systems
- Thermal System Components.
Justify Your Attendance
You recognize the value of attending the SAE 2017 Thermal Management Systems Symposium, but how do you communicate that to management? We encourage you to review the materials in this section to gain a greater understanding of the event and how to communicate the value it can provide when attempting to gain attendance approval from your manager.
Emergency Procedures During This SAE Event
During this SAE event attendees are to follow the established emergency guidelines of the facility where the emergency occurs. Based on the location of the incident, report emergencies to the nearest venue representative and/or security personnel if available, or report to the SAE operations office onsite. Should a catastrophic event occur, attendees should follow the safety and security instructions issued by the facility at the time of the event. This includes listening for instructions provided through the public address system and following posted evacuation routes if required. In case of an emergency, or a major disruption to the schedule of the event, attendees and exhibitors may call the below number to receive updated information on the status of the event. Updates will also be provided via the SAE website at www.sae.org and event mobile app. SAE Emergency Hotline