Hotel & Travel Information
Carnegie Mellon University, 5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
The Symposium will take place in Roberts Hall
Message to Attendees: SAE International does not have a room block for this event but is recommending the following hotels which are within walking distance to the campus.
Hotels within walking distance:
100 Lytton Ave
3454 Forbes Ave
3315 Hamlet St
All attendees are responsible for their own lodging and travel arrangements. A campus map is available on the website at http://www.cmu.edu/about/visit/campus-map.shtml.
After arriving on campus, the first place to look for parking is the East Campus Parking Garage, a pay-as-you-park facility. There are entrances at the intersection of Forbes Avenue and Beeler Street and also on the south side of the garage closest to the University Center and Gesling Stadium. The south side entrance can be accessed on Forbes Avenue just past the intersection with Morewood Avenue. Additional parking is available in other locations throughout campus. For complete details, see the campus map.
The Carnegie Museum of Art, located at 4400 Forbes Avenue also has convenient parking to the campus. The museum operates a six-level parking facility, with access at the intersection of Forbes Avenue and South Craig Street. Payment is cash only.
0-1 hour $3 - 1-2 hours $4 - 2-5 hours $5 - 5-6 hours $10 - Over 5 hours $15 - Evening rate $5 - Weekend rate $5
The Pittsburgh International Airport is 22 miles (approximately 45 minutes driving time) from the Carnegie Mellon campus. For more information, please visit FlyPittsburgh or call 412-472-3525.
Once you arrive at the Pittsburgh International Airport there are several transportation options to bring you to campus or to your hotel:
- Taxi service. The average taxi fare from the airport to campus is about $40-$45, plus gratuity. There are typically taxi cabs outside of the airport, but if you need to call a service, call Yellow Cab (412-321-8100) or Classy Cab (412-322-5080).
- Rental Car. You can rent a car on-site at the Pittsburgh International Airport. For more information, including a list of car rental agencies and phone numbers, please refer to the transportation services section of the Pittsburgh International Airport website.
- Public Bus Transportation with Port Authority Transit. The 28X Airport Flyer bus stops in the heart of the Carnegie Mellon campus and typically takes 45 minutes en route to the airport. The trip is free for Carnegie Mellon students and costs $2.75 for other passengers. For more information about schedules and rates, please visit the official PAT website or call 412-442-2000.
- Super Shuttle. Super Shuttle provides shuttle service between the airport and downtown hotels. For reservations, contact Super Shuttle at 1-800-258-3826.
- Hotel Shuttle Service. Because many hotels offer a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then on to Carnegie Mellon, please inquire about this option when making your lodging reservations. Please refer to the transportation services section of the Pittsburgh International Airport website for further contact information.
The Greyhound Lines bus terminal is located less than eight miles from campus in downtown Pittsburgh. For a detailed transportation schedule, call Greyhound at 1-800-231-2222. The Pittsburgh station is located at 55 11th Street and can be reached at 412-392-6513.
The Amtrak Train Station-Pittsburgh is located at 1100 Liberty Avenue, less than five miles from campus. For information on rates and schedules, call Amtrak at 1-800-872-7245.