- AWD customer needs... Who? When? And how often?
- AWD market size, segments, and growth...
- AWD technology and systems
- Trends in FWD AWD architectures and technology
- Trends in RWD AWD architectures and technology
- Evolution of electronics in AWD
- The battle for independent wheel torque control
- Driver awareness and interaction with AWD systems
- Stability improvements offered by AWD interactivity with chassis systems
Four OEM experts in AWD technology and trends will take part in a special panel discussion moderated by Ward's Auto World. The panel will discuss key issues facing further penetration of this mobility solution into the market, including:
- Differences between AWD and stability control systems - performance and cost advantages
- Consumer demand for 4WD versus AWD
- Fuel efficiency of vehicles equipped with AWD
Moderator: Drew Winter, Editor-in-Chief,Ward'sAutoWorld
Ride and Drive
An optional ride and drive will be held on Thursday, September 30, 2004. Attendees will drive, ride in, and/or observe vehicles which employ vital AWD technologies in use today - and even some likely to be deployed in the future. Attendance is limited - register early!
Vehicles at this event will include:
Chrysler Pacifi ca
Ford 500 or Montego
Ford Hybrid Escape
Jaguar X Type
Land Rover Discovery
Mini Cooper S
*The Ride and Drive event is priced separately from the Symposium. Participants will be required to present a valid driver's license, proof of medical insurance, and sign waivers to participate.
Important - Ride-and-Drive Attendees:
All Ride & Drive attendees will be required to:
show proof of medical insurance coverage (insurance card)
show a valid drivers license
sign two waivers