In the time since SAE created the first EDR Symposium in conjunction with the NTSB in June 2003, the deployment and use of vehicle event data recorders have been continuously expanding. While EDRs offer the potential for improved occupant safety, as well as operational productivity for vehicles used in business environments, the legal and privacy concerns they can raise is a subject of lively debate in State legislatures and in national publications.
The 2011 SAE Symposium will provide a forum for the dissemination of new and significant EDR technical advances, regulatory and industry standards development. The program will focus on state-of-the-art recorder technology for passenger and commercial highway vehicles, recent developments and trends in data recording technology, current legal and privacy issues; as well as actual case studies which will demonstrate both the benefits and cautions related to the application of this technology as it applies to real world events and operational settings.
Explore the latest technology and diverse applications for vehicle recorder data, including:
- General Safety Applications of EDR
- State-of-the-Art of Passenger Vehicle Recorder Technology
- State-of-the-Art in Commercial Vehicle Recorder Technology
- EDR Device Research and Validation
- Current Legislative developments and what they mean to you.
- Accident Reconstruction & EDR Data through actual case studies.