Hotel & Travel Information
Message to Attendees: SAE International has made every effort to secure the best possible group nightly room rate for you at this event. That rate results from a negotiated overall package of event needs such as sleeping rooms, meeting room space and other requirements. Contracts with the venue include a provision to reduce event costs if SAE meets or exceeds its minimum sleeping room block guarantee. Conversely, event costs will increase if SAE falls short of its minimum room block guarantee. Please help SAE keep the costs of this event as low as possible by booking your housing needs at the designated host hotel and through the reservation process created by SAE. Reserving elsewhere means you are booking outside the contracted room block, jeopardizing SAE's ability to meet its contracted obligations and to keep registration fees to a minimum. SAE appreciates your support and understanding of this important issue. Thank you.
Hyatt Regency Wichita (Map)
400 West Waterman
Wichita, Kansas, 67202
Tel: 316 293 1234 Fax: 316 293 1200
Hotel Reservation Form
- All attendees are responsible for their own lodging and travel arrangements.
- A block of sleeping rooms has been reserved at the Hyatt Regency Wichita Hotel.
- SAE's group rate is $143 per room per night single or double occupancy, all inclusive, plus local, state and federal applicable taxes.
- For military and government personnel, a certain percentage of rooms will be available at the prevailing US Federal government per diem rate.
Reservations must be made through Orchid Event Solutions by Monday, August 4, 2008 by calling (800) 847-5810 North America or (801) 521-9025 International or through our on-line connection: Hotel Reservation Form
Maps & Directions
From Wichita Mid-Continent Airport (7 miles):
Kellogg (Hwy. 54) East to Central Business District Exit. Turn left on Main Street. Go 3 blocks to Waterman Street and turn left. Hotel is in view.
From the north:
Take I-35 South to the Kellogg (Hwy. 54) WEST exit. Take the Central Business District exit to Main Street and turn right. Go 3 blocks to Waterman Street and turn left. Hotel is in view.
From the south
Take I-35 North to the Kellogg (Hwy. 54) WEST exit. Take the Central Business District exit to Main Street, and turn right. Go 3 blocks to Waterman Street and turn left. Hotel is in view.
Transportation from the Airport
Complimentary van shuttle service is available from Mid Continent airport to the hotel. Guests should use the direct phone at the baggage claim area. Van should be there within 10-15 minutes. Guest may collect bags from flight while waiting.
Shuttle Hours: 5:30am - 12 midnight
Taxi approx $8.50
Hyatt Regency Wichita Overview
The Hyatt Regency Wichita is a state-of-the art 303 room hotel. With its "heart of downtown" location the hotel offers guests the ability to enjoy the best of the city's entertainment and leisure activities. Also for your convenience, the hotel is connected to the south end of the Century II Performing Arts and Convention Center (the location of the Wichita Aviation Technology Conference).
Rooms & Amenities
- High Speed Internet in All Rooms
- Comfortably Appointed Guestrooms
- Video Checkout and Message System
- T-Mobile Hot Spot - Wireless Internet
- Full Service Business Center
- Concierge Services
Dining & Entertainment
- White Rock Caf�
- Southwinds Bar & Grill
- Coffee, Etc.
- Leathers Lounge
- Heated Indoor Lap Pool
- Two Indoor Whirlpools
- Fully Equipped Health Club
- Jogging on Expanded River Walk
Self Indoor Parking - $8.00 per night
Valet Parking - $12.00 per night with in/out privileges *Garage has a 7' clearance.
Self Outdoor Parking - City Lots located within 2 blocks of hotel ranging from $1.25-$4.00 daily
- Sedgwick County Zoo
- Botanica, The Wichita Gardens
- The Wichita Symphony (www.wso.org)
- The Wichita Grand Opera (www.wichitagrandopera.org)
- Music Theatre of Wichita (www.musictheatreofwichita.org)
- Exploration Place (www.exploration.org)
- Wranglers Baseball (www.wichitawranglers.com)
- Ice Sports Center (www.icesports.com/wichita/)
- City Arts (www.cityartswichita.com)
- Historic Old Town (www.oldtownwichita.com)