- The IAQG Council sets the policy, purpose and objectives of the organization and drives initiatives to meet the goals and objectives of the organization. There are twenty-six Council Voting Members:
- Ten from the Americas
- Ten from Europe
- Six from Asia-Pacific
- The IAQG Council is responsible for
- Always act in the best interests of the IAQG Member companies as a whole rather than in the interests of a specific sector or company.
- Define the direction, purpose and objectives of the IAQG
- Approve this Charter and ensure its requirements are implemented
- Through the Strategy Working Group ensure that proposed initiatives are developed and submitted for Council approval to achieve the IAQG objectives.
- Review and approve or reject initiatives proposed by the Strategy Working Group and ensure required resources are available to enable successful implementation.
- Ensure effective communication to and from the General Assembly, Trade Associations, National Authorities and Governments.
- Council Meetings
- The Council will decide when Council Meetings will be held; meetings will normally be hosted by one of the companies represented in the Council.
- All IAQG Members (Voting Members and IAQG Members at Large) and members of sub teams can participate in IAQG Council meetings.
- IAQG Guests can be invited by IAQG Members or Members at Large to participate in IAQG Council meetings. IAQG 'Guests' can be either:
- A representative from a company who, if so wished, has the ability to comply with all IAQG criteria to become a member, or
- A representative from the Civil Aviation Authorities, other Aerospace Authorities, Government Agencies or Registrars who is sponsored by one of the three IAQG sectors."
- IAQG Guests will have access to the IAQG public web.
- Decision Making
- All Council decisions should be taken by consensus. Where this is not possible, 17 of the 26 Council Members must be in favor of the proposal for it to be passed. Decisions will only be made if there is a voting quorum of 15 Council members present.