SAE International Announces 2011 Class of SAE Fellows
Nineteen engineers and scientists from industry and academia now have the prestigious SAE International status of "SAE Fellow" Each will be honored at one of the following SAE conferences: 2012 World Congress, or 2012 Commercial Vehicle Conference.
SAE Fellow status is one of the highest grades of membership bestowed by SAE International. It recognizes outstanding engineering and scientific accomplishments by an individual that have resulted in meaningful advances in automotive, aerospace and commercial-vehicle technology. The program, established in 1975, recognizes an average of 20 worldwide recipients for this prestigious grade each year.
The 2011 recipients, listed in alphabetical order, include:
- Dr. Andre L. Boehman, Professor, Fuel Science, Pennsylvania State University
- Dr. Andrew Brown, Jr., Executive Director & Chief Technologist, Innovation and Technology Office, Delphi Corporation
- Ing. James A. Buczkowski, Henry Ford Technical Fellow & Director, Ford Motor Company
- Dr. Man-Feng Chang, Group Manager & Technical Fellow, Retired, General Motors Company
- Dr. Mohamed E. M. El-Sayed, Professor, Kettering University
- Dr. Zoran S. Filipi, Professor and Timken Chair in Vehicle System Design, Clemson University
- Ronald J. Herrin, GM Technical Fellow and Combustion System Development Process Specialist, General Motors Company
- Klaus Hoehn, Ph.D., Vice President, Advanced Technology and Engineering, Deere & Company
- Dr.-Ing. Peter Hofbauer. Chief Technical Officer, EcoMotors International
- Dr. John M. Miller, PE, Distinguished R&D Staff, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Dr. Charles J. Mueller, Principal Member of the Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories
- Dr. Douglas J. Nelson, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Tech
- Dr. Paul J. Richards, Research Fellow, Retired, Innopsec Ltd.
- Dr. Branko Sarh, Senior Technical Fellow, The Boeing Company
- Robert M. Siewert, Technical Fellow, Retired, GM Research Laboratories, General Motors Company
- Christopher P. Thomas, Vice President, Advanced Engineering, BorgWarner Inc.
- Dr. Andrew P. Walker, Heavy Duty Diesel Global Technology Director, Johnson Matthey plc
- Ren-Jye Yang, Ph.D., Senior Technical Leader, Ford Motor Company
- Dr. Hua Zhao, Professor and Head of Mechanical Department, Brunel University London
SAE International is a global association that served more than 132,000 engineers and related technical experts in 2011 from the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World in Motion and the Collegiate Design Series.