26 Receive SAE International Forest R. McFarland Award
WARRENDALE, Pa., May 12, 2011 - Twenty-six mobility engineering professionals have been honored with the SAE International Forest R. McFarland Award.
This award recognizes individuals for their outstanding contributions toward the work of the SAE Engineering Meetings Board (EMB) in the planning, development, and dissemination of technical information through technical meetings, conferences, and professional development programs or outstanding contributions to the EMB operations in facilitating or enhancing the interchanges of technical information.
Established in 1979, this award is administered by the EMB and honors the late Forest R. McFarland who was himself an outstanding session organizer, a chairman of the Passenger Car Activity and a member of the EMB.
Those receiving the award include:
· Brad Adelman, Senior Product Engineer in the Advanced Technology Group, Navistar, Inc.
· Terrence Francis Alger II, Manager, Department of Engine and Vehicle Research, Southwest Research Institute
· Kirby J Baumgard, Staff Engineer, John Deere Power Systems
· Gajanana C. Birur, Principal Engineer, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
· Rasto Brezny, Deputy Director, Manufacturers of Emission Controls Association
· L. L. "Buddy" Cressionnie, Quality & Mission Success Senior Manager, Lockheed Martin
· Carroll G. Grant, Contractor/Consultant, Aerospace Composites Consulting
· Kenneth C. Howden, Director, 21st Century Truck Partnership, Vehicle Technologies Program, U.S. Department of Energy
· Ryan M. Jefferis, Manager – Powertrain, Daimler Trucks North America
· Wensi Jin, Automotive Industry Manager, MathWorks
· Bengt Johansson, Professor, Lund University
· Ramakrishna Koganti, Program Manager, U.S. Army Test Evaluation Command
· Joseph C. Marsh IV, Automotive Safety Data Research Engineer and Consultant, JP Research and Ivy Consultancy
· Charles J. Mueller, Principal Member of the Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories
· Timothy P. Newcomb, Technical Specialist, BorgWarner
· June Ogawa, Project Staff Support, The Boeing Company
· Eric M. Peterson, Vice President - Systems & Safety, Electron International II, Inc.
· Michael E. Richardson (Posthumous), Cessna Aircraft Co
· Pranab Saha, Principal Consultant and Co-founder, Kolano and Saha Engineers, Inc.
·Yih-Chen Sheu, Chief Engineer, Changan Automobile Co
· Nicholas M. Teti, President and CEO, Vertex Aerospace LLC
· Mark A. Theobald, Hybrid System Integration Engineer, GM Powertrain
· James K. Thompson, Chief of the Hearing Loss Prevention Branch, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
· Zhiyong Cedric Xia, Technical Leader, Ford Motor Company
· Peijun Xu, Chief Engineer, Ebco Inc
· Paul Zang, Professor, Kettering University
For more information about the SAE International Forest R. McFarland Award or the award winners, call 724-772-8522 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
SAE International is a global association of more than 128,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series.
- www.sae.org -