SAE International Announces 2011 Class of SAE Fellows
WARRENDALE, Pa., May 31, 2011 - Twenty-nine engineers and scientists from industry and academia now have the prestigious SAE International status of “SAE Fellow.”
SAE Fellowship status is the highest grade of membership bestowed by SAE International. It recognizes outstanding engineering and scientific accomplishments by an individual that have resulted in meaningful advances in automotive, aerospace and commercial-vehicle technology. The program, established in 1975, recognizes an average of 20 worldwide recipients for this honor each year.
The 2011 recipients, listed in alphabetical order, include:
· Dr. Ewa A. Bardasz, Technical Fellow, Lubrizol Corporation
· Dr. Bryan L. Dodson, Executive Engineer, Continuous Improvement / Six Sigma, SKF, USA
· Michael C. Dudzik, Vice President, Science & Technology, Washington Operations/Corporate, Lockheed Martin Corporation
· Dr. Wayne A. Eckerle, Vice President, Research & Technology, Cummins Inc.
· Horacio Aragonez Forjaz, Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs, Embraer (Empresa Brasileira de Aeronautica S.A.)
· Dr. Jaal B. Ghandhi, Grainger Professor of Sustainable Engineering, Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin-Madison
· Dr. Mircea Gradu, Director, Transmission and Driveline Engineering, Head Virtual Analysis, Chrysler Group LLC
· Greg W. Henderson, Director, Product Lifecycle Management, Retired, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company
· Keith Jackson, Chief Technology Officer, Electrical Power and Control Systems, Rolls-Royce PLC
· Dr. Linos J. Jacovides, Director, Retired, Delphi Research Labs
· Badih A. Jawad, Ph.D., Professor and Chairman, A. Leon Department of Mechanical Engineering, Lawrence Technological University
· Richard E. Kleine, Vice President Quality and Business Enterprise, Mid Range Engine Business, Cummins Inc. and the 2011 President of SAE International
· Dr. Ming-Chia Daniel Lai, Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Wayne State University
· Patrick Leteinturier, Senior Principal Automotive Systems, Infineon Technologies AG
· Paul A. Machiele, Center Director, Assessment and Standards Division, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
· Dr. Jeffrey D. Naber, Director, Advanced Power Systems Research Center and Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics, Michigan Technological University
· Marc Parent, President and Chief Executive Officer, CAE Inc.
· Dr. Charles E. Roberts, Jr., Institute Engineer, Engines, Emissions and Vehicle Research Division, Southwest Research Institute
· Gary W. Rogers, PE, President & CEO, FEV, Inc.
· Dr. Pradeep K. Rohatgi, Distinguished Professor and Director, Composites and Advanced Materials Manufacture Centers, and Tribology Laboratories, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
· Dr. Prakash T. Sathe, Senior Vice President, Engineering & Business Development, Rapid Global Business Solutions Inc. (RGBSI)
· Victor E. Saucedo, Senior Manager (Retired), F-117 Program, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company
· Dr. Myoungho Sunwoo, Professor, Automotive Engineering, Hanyang University
· Dr. Galina M. Susova, Head, Quality Management System Department, National Institute of the Aviation Technologies
· Dr. Tau Tyan, Safety CAE Engineer, Safety Methods Development, Ford Motor Company
· Dr. Patrick B. Usoro, Technical Fellow, Vehicle Development Research Lab, General Motors Research & Development
· Dr. Bryan D. Willson, Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Director of the Engines & Energy Conversion Laboratory, Colorado State University
· Dr. Jianwen James Yi, Technical Leader, Powertrain Research and Advanced Engineering, Ford Motor Company
· Dr. Jianwei Zhang, Vice President, China Automotive Technology and Research Center (CATRC)
SAE International is a global association of more than 128,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series.
- www.sae.org -