SAE International Announces 2011-12 Class of SAE Fellows
WARRENDALE, Pa., Nov. 29, 2011 - Nineteen engineers and scientists from industry and academia now have the prestigious SAE International status of "SAE Fellow" Each will be honored during the SAE 2012 World Congress Awards Ceremony.
SAE Fellowship status is the highest grade of membership bestowed by SAE International. It recognizes outstanding engineering and scientific accomplishments by an individual that have resulted in meaningful advances in automotive, aerospace and commercial-vehicle technology. The program, established in 1975, recognizes an average of 20 worldwide recipients for this honor each year.
The 2011-12 recipients, listed in alphabetical order, include:
· Dr. Andre L. Boehman, Professor, Fuel Science, Materials Science & Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University
· Dr. Andrew Brown, Jr., Director & Chief Technologist, Innovation and Technology Office, Delphi Corporation
· Ing. James A. Buczkowski, Henry Ford Technical Fellow & Director of Electrical & Electronics, Ford Motor Company
· Dr. Man-Feng Chang, Group Manager & Technical Fellow, Retired, GM Powertrain System Research Lab, General Motors Company
· Dr. Mohamed E.M. El-Sayed, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kettering University
· Dr. Zoran S. Filipi, Research Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, The University of Michigan
· Ronald J. Herrin, Technical Fellow, GM Powertrain, General Motors Company
· Klaus Hoehn, Ph.D., Vice President, Advanced Technology & Engineering, Deere & Company
· Dr.-Ing. Peter Hofbauer, Chief Technical Officer, EcoMotors International
· Dr. John M. Miller, PE, Distinguished R&D Staff, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
· Dr. Charles J. Mueller, Principal Member of the Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories
· Dr. Douglas J. Nelson, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Tech
· Dr. Paul Richards, Research Fellow, Innopsec Ltd.
· Dr. Branko Sarh, Senior Technical Fellow, The Boeing Company
· Robert M. Siewert, Technical Fellow, Retired, GM Research & Development Center, General Motors Company
· Christopher P. Thomas, Vice President, Advanced Engineering, BorgWarner Inc.
· Dr. Andrew P. Walker, Heavy Duty Diesel Global Technology Director, Johnson Matthey plc
· Ren-Jye Yang, Ph.D., Senior Technical Leader, Ford Motor Company
· Dr. Hua Zhao, Professor, Engineering and Design, Brunel University
SAE International is a global association of more than 132,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series.
- www.sae.org -