SAE International to Host Truck and Bus Transmission Seminar in Suzhou City, China - Event sponsored by Lubrizol
WARRENDALE, Pa., May 3, 2012 - SAE International will host a comprehensive seminar on automatic transmissions for truck and buses on June 12-13 at the Suzhou Marriott Hotel in Suzhou City, China.
Sponsored by Lubrizol, “Automatic Transmissions for Trucks and Bus Rapid Transit Vehicles: Performance Advantages and Challenges,” is an industry seminar designed specifically for truck and bus rapid transit OEM/Tier supplier engineers in China.
During this two-day educational course, a team of industry experts will provide vehicle trend data and market drivers, detailed technical presentations on heavy-duty automatic transmission functionality and design considerations. In addition, a real-world case study is used to benchmark the performance of several automatic transmission fluids (ATFs) to determine if one ATF could be optimized for a specific region and severe application. The course includes industry roundtable discussions focusing on trends and future directions.
An added feature of this class is a collection of technology displays to provide further AT understanding and user-experience data. In addition, the registration fee includes lunch and refreshments both days along with a special networking dinner the evening of day one, designed to provide further opportunity to interact with transmission experts and industry colleagues.
Leaning objectives for the course include:
· Understand vehicle trend data and market drivers for both heavy-duty trucks and Bus Rapid Transit Systems
· Identify the benefits of heavy duty ATs for these applications
· Describe the major components within an AT and their functions/benefits; in particular, hardware, electronic controls, lubricants and additives
· Describe the implications of each component to the success of the AT design and usage
· Discuss emerging trends in AT designs as they relate to future OEM strategies
· Understand Lubrizol’s findings of a Field Experience with Heavy-Duty Automatic Transmissions in Urban Buses.
For more information on this seminar, including a full list of seminar instructors, visit http://www.sae.org/pdevent/C1208 . For more information about SAE International’s full complement of professional development courses and programs, call 1-724-772-8522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
SAE International is a global association of more than 133,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series.
- www.sae.org -