SAE International Honors Nine Engineering Professionals with Environmental Excellence in Transportation Award
WARRENDALE, Pa., June 10, 2016 - SAE International announces that nine mobility engineering professionals are winners of the SAE Environmental Excellence in Transportation (E2T) Award.
Established in 2000, this award recognizes an individual or groups of individuals who through their ingenuity and dedication make significant innovations in reducing the environmental impact caused by the transportation industry. These innovative achievements may occur in motorized vehicles for land, sea, air, and space in the areas of fuels, alternative propulsion methods, fuel usage, materials, energy usage, manufacturing methods, logistics support, as well as in education, training and improving public awareness. The key criteria for recognition are innovation, originality, demonstrated significant favorable impact on the environment and improvement over any existing technologies, methods and public acceptance.
Shigetaka Hamada, Group Manager, Toyota Motor Corporation, received the award for his Mobile Energy paper during the SAE 2016 World Congress. His winning project was titled, “The Toyota Fuel Cell System on Miria FCV.”
Honored for the Stationary Energy paper entitled, “Optimized Profile Descent Arrivals at LAX,” include:
- John-Paul Barrington Clarke, Professor, Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute University
- Grady Boyce, Aviation, Regulatory, Ops Approval Specialist
- James Douglas Brooks, Senior Research Engineer, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Sandy R. Liu, Aerospace Engineer, Federal Aviation Administration
- Gaurav Nagle, Systems Engineer, Lockheed Martin
- Liling Ren, Principal Scientist, GE Global Research
- Annalisa Scacchioli, Teaching Assistant Professor, Stevens Institute of Technology
- Walter White, CEO, PBN4ATC, Inc.
Barrington Clarke, Ren and White received their awards during the Awards and Recognition Ceremony at the SAE 2016 World Congress held in Detroit.
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 127,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.
- www.sae.org -