SAE International Announces Aerospace Standards Summit for Civil and Military Leaders and Regulators
WARRENDALE, Pa., Aug. 8, 2016 - SAE International will host the SAE 2016 Aerospace Standards Summit on Sept. 20-21 at the Crowne Plaza Reagan National Airport in Arlington, VA, USA.
With a theme of “Emerging Technologies & the Enabling Role of Standards,” the Summit addresses critical technology breakthroughs, and the standards and certification needed to bring new product development to market in a timely manner.
In addition, the Summit will provide a platform to facilitate the successful introduction of transformational technologies such as additive manufacturing, lithium ion batteries, hybrid/electric propulsion, condition based maintenance, and materials substitution for REACH compliance.
Keynote and featured speakers confirmed or invited include:
- John Hickey, Deputy Associate Administrator for Aviation Safety, FAA (Keynote)
- Rob Gold, Director, Engineering Enterprise, U.S. Department of Defense (Keynote)
- Robert Grant, Structural Engineer, FAA – Additive Manufacturing
- Miguel Marin, Technical Officer, Structures, ICAO – Lithium Ion Battery Packaging
- Norm Pereira, Aerospace Engineer, Electrical/Electronic Systems, FAA – Electric Aircraft
- Roger Brewer, Competency Lead for Electrical Power Systems, Lockheed Martin – Wide Band Gap Technology
Technical program topics will include but are not limited to:
- Cybersecurity – Supply Chain Considerations
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Propulsion
- Certification of UAS Operating Personnel
- Sensor Technologies
- Advanced Fiber Optics
Supporting organizations for the SAE 2016 Aerospace Standards Summit include: Airbus, Gulfstream, Airlines for America, The Boeing Company, Embraer, GE Aviation, Honeywell, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company, Pratt & Whitney Corporation, Rolls-Royce Corporation, and Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China, Ltd. (COMAC.)
For more information about the Summit, visit http://www.sae.org/standardsdev/summit/.
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 127,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.
- www.sae.org -