SAE International 2016 Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR) Technologies Symposium Session Topics Announced
WARRENDALE, Pa., Sept. 14, 2016 - The SAE 2016 Augmented and Virtual Reality Technologies Symposium today announced the 2016 session topics. Taking place November 14-16 in Philadelphia, the symposium will focus on how mandated vehicle emissions are being reduced via vehicle design, powertrain design, aftertreatment, and fuel content and development. Attendees will learn from industry experts on a variety of topics, including discussion of and industry reaction to CARB and EC emission regulations as well as CAFE standards and the latest EPA Tier 3 emissions and fuel regulations, mandated from 2017.
These Tier 3 regulations address multiple techniques to emissions reduction; from vehicle design standards to fuel content requirements; and offer a common method of testing and analysis to ensure consistent and qualified results.
Successful integration and application of augmented and virtual reality technologies from beginning design through manufacturing are key to creating significant cost savings, and reducing time to market. This event brings together augmented reality and virtual reality technologies together to demonstrate their complementary nature. This popular event will provide critical knowledge and user experience on practical application in both the design room as well as on the shop floor. Attendees will hear business cases and value propositions for utilizing the technology.
To ensure your organization is prepared to meet and exceed regulatory pressures and market demands for cleaner more efficient vehicles, it is suggested that you send attendees from all aspects of your company including, design engineers, chemical engineers, mechanical engineers, program and project managers, electrical engineers, research and development, engineering management and even sales/marketing teams.
By attending, your team will:
- Hear and discuss the latest efficiency-boosting combustion technologies as developed for both the light diesel and gasoline engine segments
- Learn how engine developers are applying these emerging technologies and what results have been achieved, to date
- Understand the nuances and story behind new legislation and regulations pertaining to emissions control, safety and energy conservation will enable engineers to better develop solutions to meet these emerging requirements
- Develop professional relationships through networking and interaction with individuals from OEMs, academia, supplier companies and government institutions and broaden SAE's rapport with global engine technology companies
- Learn the opportunities and challenges with the Environmental Protection Agency (EFA) Standard and to interact and directly ask regulators and peers questions and discuss these challenges and opportunities
Registration is open, be sure to secure your attendance at this unique event to increase your competitive advantage.
To request media credentials, email email@example.com or call 1-724-772-8522.
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting more than 127,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.
- www.sae.org -