SAE International to Launch Brand New WCX™ 17: SAE World Congress Experience
WARRENDALE, Pa., Nov. 21, 2016 - SAE International—the global organization that unites more than 127,000 engineers and technical experts—will launch registration on December 1 for its signature event, the completely transformed WCXTM 17: SAE World Congress Experience taking place April 4-6, 2017 at Cobo Center in Detroit.
WCX promises a full-spectrum, full-sensory interactive experience, uniting the mobility industry’s best talent for three days of active learning, high-powered collaboration and technological discovery. Eleven new areas for presentations, gathering spots for networking and targeted pavilions ensure attendees and exhibitors can explore new technology and solutions on a high-energy exhibition floor.
“SAE International is excited to unveil this completely redesigned event,” says Jim Forlenza, Group Director, Event Sales, SAE International. “WCX will emphasize active learning and increased collaboration through the dynamic new elements our team has worked tirelessly to develop; beyond that, we’re incredibly proud about the unsurpassed education sessions, top-notch speakers and myriad opportunities to connect.”
Featured experience areas include:
- Career Central—Connect with other professionals from around the world and explore opportunities to match your skills with leading employers.
- The Exchange—The nexus of WCX, located right on the exhibition floor, with presentations and discussions happening throughout each day.
- Experience Lounge—The meeting place for exhibitors and buyers to share ideas, build relationships and network in a low-key, fun environment.
- Innovation Market—An exclusive space highlighting emerging technologies, developmental concepts and new-to-market products.
- Knowledge Bars—An informal setting where subject matter experts answer specific questions and offer ideas and insights.
- Launch Pad—Dedicated presentation area for startup companies to showcase their products and services to potential investors.
- The Leadership Summit—Draws influential business and technology leads from OEMs, Tier 1s, government and outside mobility to assess the “Business of Technology” and the influence of innovation, legislation and the consumer on business growth.
- Learning Lab—Exclusively for OEMs and top tier suppliers to showcase their latest solutions through technical presentation, product launches and Q&A sessions.
- Partner Zones—Larger, more elaborate booths where exhibitors can band together to create interactive experiences for attendees.
- Technology Pavilions—Focusing on specific areas, including Additive Manufacturing and Lightweighting, AR/VR, and testing, these concentrated pavilions address future innovations in mobility.
- Tech Hub—Groundbreakers from across a spectrum of industry demonstrate the inventions, ideas and concepts that go beyond the leading edge.
In 2016, SAE World Congress drew more than 11,000 attendees from the automotive industry. As the event evolves into WCX, spanning the entire mobility industry, even more engineers, engineering managers, executives, academics, government/military officials and consultants from related vertical industries will attend.
Ford Motor Company will provide Executive Leadership for WCX.
For more information: www.wcx17.org
Media can pre-register to attend WCX by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
About SAE International
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 127,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.
For more information: www.sae.org.
- ### -