SAE International Announces 2008-2009 Class of SAE Fellows
WARRENDALE, Pa., March 5, 2009 -
Twenty-seven engineers and scientists from industry and academia now have the prestigious SAE International status of " SAE Fellowship status is the highest grade of membership bestowed by The 2008-2009 recipients, listed in alphabetical order, include:
SAE Fellowship status is the highest grade of membership bestowed by The 2008-2009 recipients, listed in alphabetical order, include:
The 2008-2009 recipients, listed in alphabetical order, include:
- Randall J. Allemang, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Director, University of Cincinnati’s Structural Dynamics Research Laboratory
- Carlos Berto Buechler, retiree of General Motors of Brasil
- Wendy Clark, Program Manager and Principal Engineer, Fuels Performance Group, U.S. Department of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Jan Czerwinski, Professor of Thermodynamics and Internal-combustion Engines, Berne University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
- Michael C. Drake, Staff Research Scientist, General Motors Research & Development Center
- H. Clay Gabler, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Tech University
- Albert R. George, the John F. Carr Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Cornell University
- David Gorsich, Chief Scientist, U.S. Army Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center
- Dennis A. Guenther, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University
- Mazen Hammoud, Powertrain Calibration Manager, Ford Motor Co.
- David L. Harrington, retiree of General Motors Research and Development
- Adish Jain, Director of Global Product Development, Danaher Corp.
- Jianzhong Jiao, Director, Regulations and Emerging Technologies, OSRAM Opto Semiconductors Inc.
- Richard W. Kent, Associate Professor, University of Virginia
- Magdi Khair, Institute Engineer, Southwest Research Institute
- Joseph E. Kubsh, Executive Director, Manufacturers of Emission Controls Association
- P.A. Lakshminarayanan, Head of Engines R&D, Ashok Leyland, India
- Alfred Leipertz, Professor, University of Erlangen-Nuremburg, Germany
- Roy H. Link, President and CEO, Link Engineering Co.
- Nobuo Okubo, former Senior Advisor to the Board, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
- Bruce E. Peterman, Vice President of Operations, Cessna Aircraft Co.
- Ozires Silva, President, Embraer, and Dean, Santa Amaro University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Robert A. Smithson, Vice President of Product Development, Fallbrook Technologies, Inc.
- Cornel C. Stan, Professor, West Saxon University, Germany
- Charles K. Westbrook, Senior Chemist, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Ronald E. York, former Vice President, Special Projects, Rolls-Royce Defense North America
- Joseph F. Ziomek, President, JFZ and Associates
SAE International is a global association of more than 121,000 engineers and related technical experts in the automotive, aerospace and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series.
- www.sae.org -