SAE International Executive Management Forum Focuses on Powertrain Issues
Warrendale, PA (April 11, 2005) - A high-level forum hosted by SAE International will bring together management, business and technology leaders from around the world to discuss and address the challenges that will face the North American automotive powertrain market through the next decade. The "North American International Powertrain Conference: The Next Decade" will be held September 7-9, 2005 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and is intended to complement current national and international meetings and conferences.
The forum structure will include executive-level panel discussions, highlighted by keynote presentations, special recognitions and interactive events. The conference also will feature product technology and capability displays. Key focus areas are consumers, energy, legislation, producers and technology.
"Industry came to SAE requesting this kind of event," Dave Amati, Director, Global Automotive Business & Automotive Headquarters, SAE International.
"This is an event that will bring together the industry's powertrain leaders to create a forum for the exchange of technologies and issues that impact
North American powertrain products."
Leadership for the inaugural event in 2005 will be provided by Dave Szczupak, Vice President Powertrain Operations, Ford Motor Co. Tom Stephens, Group Vice President, GM Powertrain, General Motors Corp. will lead the forum in 2006. Bob Lee, Vice President, Powertrain Product Engineering, DaimlerChrysler will provide leadership in 2007.
Strategy and direction for the forum is being provided by an executive leadership team. Founding and working members include:
- David Baxter, VP Regulatory Affairs & Technical Management, Toyota Technical Center, U.S.A., Inc.
- Jean J. Botti, Business Line Executive Powertrain, Executive Director Fuel Cells, Delphi Corporation
- Raymond Corbin, President, AVL Powertrain Engineering, Inc.
- Graham Hoare, Director, Powertrain Research & Advanced Engineering, Ford Motor Co.
- Jeremy W. Holt, President, Ricardo, Inc., Executive Director, Ricardo PLC
- Sujit Jain, Senior Vice President, Powertrain, Gasoline and Transmission Systems, Robert Bosch Corporation
- Bob Lee, Vice President, Powertrain Product Engineering, DaimlerChrysler Corporation
- Douglas Patton, Sr, VP, Marketing & Engineering Division-Engineering Group, DENSO International America, Inc.
- Gary Rogers, President & CEO, North American Technical Center, FEV Engine Technology Inc.
- J. Gary Smyth, Director, GM R&D Powertrain Systems Research, General Motors Corporation
- David L. Amati, Director, Global Automotive Business & Automotive Headquarters, SAE International