Racing Champion - Gil de Ferran - added to SAE World Congress Venue
Detroit, MI - March 4, 2004 - SAE is pleased to announce that Two-time Formula Indy World Champion and Winner of the 2003 Indianapolis 500, Gil de Ferran, has been confirmed as a participant in the SAE 2004 World Congress, to be held at Cobo Center in Detroit, MI, March 8-11.
The charismatic Brazilian native will join an all-star group of racing experts in a session entitled "Passion for Performance" to be held on Tuesday, March 9, 2004 at 1:30 p.m. in the Dana Technical Innovation Forum, part of the SAE World Congress Exhibition. The session will examine the synergies between motorsports and commercial vehicle engineering and will highlight the impact of racing technology on production vehicles.
The session will be moderated by Peter Schoeggl, AVL LIST GmbH, and will include the following panelists:
- Jeff Carter, Marketing Director - Europe,
- Dana Glacier, Vandervell Bearing;
- Douglas E. Duchardt, Director of Racing, General Motors Corp.;
- Herbert A. Fishel, CEO, Business of Motorsports;
- Andrew L. Randolph, Director, Engine Development, Hendrick Motorsports;
- Peter W. Spence, VP & Technical Director, Toyota Racing Development;
- Gil de Ferran, Retired racing champion
Additional information pertaining to this program and all of the proceedings at the SAE World Congress is available at www.sae.org/congress.