Principles of ISO 9000, ISO/TS 16949, and AS9100 Fast Track
Three Month Online Access!!
Understanding the purpose and intended use of standards, directives and requirements sets the foundation for developing a functional management system. This 25-minute, online short course is intended to present ISO 9000, ISO/TS 16949 and AS9100 as purpose driven management systems that are necessary for companies to survive in our fast-moving economy.
The Principles of ISO 9000, ISO/TS 16949, and AS9100 Fast Track provides those in the automotive and aerospace industries with a high-level overview of these quality management system standards. It is designed to explore the history that lead to the development of the standards. The course also highlights the need for organizations to determine the necessary competence for personnel performing work affecting product quality, provide training or take other actions to satisfy these needs, evaluate the effectiveness of the actions taken, to ensure that personnel are aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the achievement of the quality objectives, and maintain appropriate records of education, training, skills and experience.
By participating in this Fast Track short course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the need for international, imposed management systems and standards
- Explain why the Automotive and Aerospace industries need specific supplements to the ISO 9001:2008 management system, to meet configuration management requirements
- Describe complacency, which is the most common root cause problem identified as a quality issue in these industries
- Identify cutting-edge knowledge and future trends related to the implementation of ISO 9000, ISO/TS 16949 and AS9100
- Summarize why, to ensure customer satisfaction, industry organizations must produce and continually improve, safe and reliable products that meet or exceed customer and regulatory authority requirements on a global scale
Major topics include:
- The history leading to the development of ISO/TS 16949 and AS9100
- The cost of poor quality
- Management system principles
- Process based quality system model
- Terms and Definitions
- ISO/TS 16949 and AS9100 Sections
About the Instructor: Joseph Sorrentino
For nearly three decades, Joseph Sorrentino has been instrumental in implementing successful quality management systems for commercial companies, military and aerospace contractors, and government agencies throughout the U.S. As president and CEO of Lean Quality Systems, Inc., Sorrentino specializes in implementing new standard methods for the corporate sector and has successfully worked with more than 25 corporations in the southern California area alone. A retired U.S. Navy quality assurance specialist, Sorrentino is certified as a level III examiner for visual, magnetic particle, dye penetrant, and ultrasonic inspections. He began his career as a quality management professional in the U.S. Navy, initially as chief petty officer, level III NAVSEA examiner/quality assurance division officer and spent eight years as a GS1910 quality specialist.
Is this Fast Track for You?
In all three standards, paragraph 6.2.2 states the need for competence, awareness and training. Management and personnel in all departments from sales and marketing to engineering, purchasing, production, customer service, receiving, packaging, storage, shipping, and beyond will benefit from the purpose driven management systems that are necessary to deliver customer satisfaction and survive in the global economy. This course is not intended for those already familiar with the purpose and benefits of the standards. Additional Fast Tracks are forthcoming that will cover specific sections of the standards, their intent, and examples of their application in greater detail.
About Fast Tracks
SAE "Fast Tracks" are Internet-delivered short courses featuring animated presentation screens synchronized with audio instruction. Knowledge checks are incorporated throughout the course to reinforce learning and retention and gauge your understanding of a topic before you move forward.
Convenient & Portable Learning
Convenient and portable, SAE Fast Tracks offer a new way to receive the instruction without the expense of travel and time away from the workplace. Using a laptop or PC with an Internet connection, you can view Fast Tracks at your own pace, at times convenient to you. You can even e-mail your questions to SAE for instructor reply.
What Will You Receive?
- Three months of online access (from date of purchase) to the 25 minute presentation
- Integrated knowledge checks to reinforce key concepts
- Proof of Participation (Transcript)
- Pentium PC 300 MHZ
- Minimum 128 MB RAM
- Internet Explorer 6.0 & above browser recommended
- Adobe Flash Player 8 or above required
- Broadband-128Kbps and above (Minimum: Cable or DSL connection)
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista
- 1024 X 768 Screen Resolution
- Sound Card/Speakers
Quantity discounts for six or more students and Site License options also are available - complete a Corporate Learning Solutions Request Form for a quote.
For more detail, email CustomerService@sae.org; or call
1-877-606-7323 (U.S. and Canada) or 724-776-4970 (outside US and Canada).