SAE Standards Development
SAE Surrogate Measures of Safety Committee seeks membersSAE International is pleased to announce the establishment of the Surrogate Measures of Safety Committee. This committee will develop and maintain SAE Standards, Recommended Practices, and Information Reports for use in methods to study road safety using measures that do not rely on accident data, i.e. do not require to wait for crashes to happen. The scope of this committee covers:
- The collection, maintenance, and use of relevant road, road user, and vehicle data
- The theories, analytical techniques, and evaluation methodologies for improving the understanding of road safety
- The application of these theories, techniques, and methods to identify road user, vehicle and/or road-based treatments that will enhance road safety.
- Register at MySAE
- Join our mailing list by sending Annie Chang (firstname.lastname@example.org) your SAE Customer Number
- Access WebEx presentation and dial-in information
- Share with relevant colleagues and peers for consideration.
Global Ground Vehicle Standards SAE International