HEICE 2020 Cancellation Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why was this event canceled?
The recently declared State of Emergency issued by the State of Michigan, along with guidance from health authorities, government- and corporate-imposed travel restrictions, and general concerns around the rapidly evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic resulted in SAE International making the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 SAE High-Efficiency IC Engine Symposium.
2. Can I get a refund on my registration?
All registered attendees and exhibitors will receive a full refund.
3. Can I get a refund on my hotel?
Hotel reservations made through the HEICE Housing site via the link provided on the HEICE Hotel & Travel page will be canceled automatically. No action needs to be taken on your part if you booked through the HEICE website.
- If you require any specific information regarding your hotel reservation, please contact Orchid Housing +1-800-847-5810 (North America) or +1-801-505-4138 (international).
If you made alternate lodging arrangements, you will have to cancel those reservations.
4. Can I get a refund on my travel?
Many airlines are offering change fee waivers for booked airfare. Please contact your travel provider for their currently established fee and cancellation policies.
5. Are there any plans to cancel or postpone any scheduled SAE conferences and events?
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is rapidly evolving and we extensively monitored and evaluated health guidance from international health authorities to determine the best approach for all SAE events, courses and programs. SAE has canceled or postponed WCX World Congress Experience, AeroTech, On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) Symposium–Europe, High-Efficiency IC Engine Symposium and escar USA. We are developing virtual options to allow for continued education and knowledge sharing. We continue to monitor the situation to determine the best approach for all future SAE events. Should the status of any other SAE event or program change, information will be promptly shared to all registered participants, attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, and other parties, through direct communications and via the specific event’s webpage.
6. Who should I contact if I have individual or specific questions that have not been answered here?
Questions and inquiries can be directed to SAE Customer Service: +1.877.606.7323 or +1.724.776.4970 or CustomerService@sae.org
- SAE Customer Service hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. ET
Additional information is available at sae.org/coronavirus.