Through the SAE MobilityForward Challenge: AI Mini-Challenge, universities will think critically about and apply data science techniques to emerging technology issues relevant to the mobility industry. Teams of university students will apply data science techniques to uncover how mobility could reflect, impact, or help resolve social issues in a defined geographic area. The university teams will present their solution in various ways including a Solutions Presentation and a virtual showcase booth on SAE’s Digital Platform.
The SAE MobilityForward Challenge is a student engineering design competition in the SAE Emerging Technology Series, which provides an opportunity for students to think critically about current and future emerging technologies in the mobility engineering industry. Each program within the SAE Emerging Technology Series challenges universities to create a team of multi-disciplinary engineers to collaborate, design, present, and defend conceptual designs to industry professionals.
The education objectives of SAE MobilityForward Challenge AI Mini-Challenge include the participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Think critically about current and future emerging technology issues relevant to mobility industry.
- Utilize A.I. technologies and data mining techniques.
- Conceive a solution that meets the needs and requirements of the challenge in a confined timeframe.
- Present and defend their solution to an industry panel.
- Communicate their solution to industry professionals using a virtual Showcase Booth.
- Work with Young Professionals to help consult with their team.
- Work on a multi-disciplinary team to solve a real-world industry problem outside of the classroom.