Collegiate Design Series Learning Objectives
SAE International's Collegiate Design Series (CDS) programs prepare undergraduate and graduate engineering students in a variety of disciplines for future employment in mobility-related industries by challenging them with a real world, engineering application.
Through the Engineering Design Process, experiences may include but not limited to:
- Project management, budgeting, communication, and resource management skills
- Team collaboration
- Applying industry rules and regulations
- Design, build, and test the performance of a real vehicle
- Compete with other students from around the globe
- Develop and prepare technical documentation
Students also gain valuable exposure to and engagement with industry professionals to enhance 21st century learning skills, to build their own network and help prepare them for the workforce after graduation.