5 Things You Need to Know About WCX 2020
SAE WCX™ 2020 World Congress Experience is often described as North America’s largest mobility engineering event, the most-anticipated industry event and the premiere conference for mobility professionals. Simply put, there’s a lot to see, do and learn at this esteemed, expansive conference and exhibit! Gain a clear understanding of what to expect (and which features you don’t want to miss) here and visit the WCX website to learn more about what’s in store for 2020.
1. What you’ll learn.
The WCX technical program features more than 800 hours of active, collaborative sessions designed for all levels across the mobility industry. In these roundtable discussions, moderated panels and presentations, subject matter experts from around the globe will share their insights addressing the critical technologies impacting the mobility engineering industry, and covers today’s challenges across several topics, including:
- Design and Manufacturing
- Advanced Propulsion/Powertrain
- Materials and Lightweighting
- Environment/Emissions/Sustainability/Thermal Management
- Body/Chassis/Occupant and Pedestrian Safety/Structure
- Electronics/Connectivity/IoT/Smart City
Don't limit your learning to just the three days of WCX. Kick off your WCX experience with one or more professional development courses prior to the conference. Choose from over 21 different topics, including ADAS, engineering project management, cybersecurity, lidar and more. View Courses Here
2. Who you’ll meet.
More than 9,000 forward-thinking professionals representing the entire spectrum of the mobility-engineering field come to WCX. Attendees hail from over 50 countries from all over the world, where mechanical, electrical, and software engineers converge, creating an unparalleled opportunity to gain a global perspective on the future of mobility. In 2019, the attendee makeup consisted of:
- Research and Development
- Sales and Marketing
“Networking is generally the biggest value, that's unanimously agreed upon. The people you meet here, it's worldwide. Everyone knows that everyone comes here, so this is where you get the most exposure.” - Kevin Heffelfinger, Powertrain Engineer, Garrett Advancing Motion
3.) What you’ll discover.
The expansive, technology-driven show floor offers an immersive experience where top-tier suppliers from across the industry, OEMs, manufacturers and innovative start-ups showcase their innovations. Specialty pavilions, such as the Innovation Pavilion, and Start-Up Pavilion, executive tours, product demonstrations, information sessions and one-on-one meetings provide unique opportunities to engage with the latest mobility products and technology.
4. Where you’ll connect.
Networking and idea exchange are a key component of WCX, which is why a number of social events are offered throughout the show to help bring the global community together to collaborate. No other event has a larger convergence of electrical, mechanical and software engineers to help you meet the right people that will make the future practical, and achievable. 2020 special events include:
- Daily breakfast and receptions on the show floor.
- The new Beer Garden, featuring the Mopar Bar, where attendees and exhibitors can sample local brews and engage with peers.
- WCX Gala, where the industry gathers to celebrate leaders and network in a relaxed setting. Guests enjoy food stations, cocktails and entertainment while connecting with fellow industry players.
- Women’s Panel and Networking Breakfast
5. Who you’ll hear from.
Thought leaders, innovators and disruptors from every corner of the industry share their perspectives at WCX. Attendees can take advantage of a variety of programs designed to provide answers, stimulate creative thinking and offer key insights on everything from the latest advancements in design to critical business issues.
- The Leadership Summit. Hear experts discuss the critical business issues driving quality, performance, safety, design, development and cost optimization of mobility. In this series of roundtable discussions, keynotes and techtalks, executives from organizations like PACCAR, Toyota, Ford Motor Company, FCA Group, Schaeffler, Rivian and Conti share insights on the links between business and technology. Topics for 2020 include The Smart City of Tomorrow, Automated Trucks, Continuity of Connectivity, Micro Mobility and Hybrid and Battery-Electric Propulsion.
- The Knowledge Bar. Subject matter experts lead 40-minute discussions about the technology that’s shaping vehicles of the future. Attendees may bring questions and get help problem solving from industry authorities.
- The Learning Lab. An intimate theater venue serves as the backdrop for small group discussions and one-on-one interactions between attendees, engineers and suppliers. This is the place to explore the latest innovations in mobility products in-depth, ask questions and engage in hands-on demonstrations.
WCX brings the global mobility engineering community together for three powerful days of networking and discovery. Explore the ideas and solutions that are shifting the marketplace at the leading industry event — register today and join your colleagues in Detroit, April 21-23, 2020.