Michael “Micky” Bly was named Head of Powertrain Engine Engineering, FCA – North America in April 2019. In his role, he will be responsible for core powertrain engineering, as well as electrification, which includes leading the company’s expansion into hybrid and electric vehicles.
Previously, Bly spent five years at American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc. where he held various jobs of increasing responsibility in Europe and North America, including his most recent position as Global Vice President of Product Management Electrification. He also spent 23 years in engineering positions at General Motors Co., which included powertrain and vehicle electrification. He worked in the U.S., England and Germany.
His work and academic background includes:
- 2019 – current, Head of Powertrain Engine Engineering, FCA – North America
- 2018, Vice President of Global Electrification – American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc.
- 2017, Vice President of Global Sales, Driveline and Electrification
- 2014, President and Managing Director of Europe Driveline
- 2012, Vice President of General Motors Co. Powertrain Engineering
- 2009, Global Group Executive Director
- 2004-2009, Various Powertrain, Electrification and Engineering Positions
- 1990-2004, Various Engineering Positions Within General Motors Co.
Bly holds a master’s degree in engineering, science and technology from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York (2003), and a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, Georgia (1990).
He also currently serves as Board Chairman for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Detroit.