University Volunteers: LearnTwice™
Think about everything you’ve learned about engineering. Now think about the people who inspired you along the way. SAE International’s LearnTwice™ program provides university students with a unique opportunity to inspire young learners participating in A World In Motion® (AWIM®). LearnTwice participants receive the resources and training to support the implementation of AWIM in a local elementary or middle school classroom. LearnTwice gives students preparing to enter the workforce a chance to share knowledge and encourage curiosity with the next generation. By volunteering through LearnTwice, university teams also earn funding to put towards SAE competition expenses while giving back to their community. LearnTwice is open to all active current season university teams participating in any of SAE International's University Programs. This includes all events that are part of the Collegiate Design Series™ or Emerging Technology Series™.
- PreK-12 students have more opportunities for one-on-one interactions
- PreK-12 students build relationships with mentors and make real-world connections
- Teachers enrich learning with more perspectives and helping hands Teachers receive complimentary AWIM curriculum, materials, training and support
University Student Benefits
- Strengthen leadership and mentoring skills to use in future career
- Serve as a mentor and make the difference in the life of a young learner
- Build connections in the local community
- Earn compensation to help fund participation in SAE University Programs
- Make a positive impact on students PreK-university
- Build connections in local community
- Build a strong foundation for the future workforce
- Encourage diversity and inclusion for the next generation
AWIM Student Benefits
- Reinforce positive learning experiences through one-on-one interactions
- Build relationships with mentors and make real-world connections
- Learn about different career and education pathways
AWIM Educator Benefits
Receive support with classroom instruction
Access real-world applications that help augment the AWIM curriculum
Enrich learning through industry perspectives
Who are our Industry Volunteers?
Experienced professionals in the mobility industry who help support teachers in the classroom by providing real-world perspectives that open the door to potential STEM majors and career paths.
An Industry volunteer is anyone with a passion for supporting students and building connections in their local community. Employees can get started as a solo volunteer or recruit a team of colleagues. A variety of engagement options—both in-person and virtual—and flexible time commitments make it possible for any professional to help bring STEM to life for young learners.
To encourage volunteer engagement in the classroom, SAE offers educators a chance to save on AWIM curriculum and material kits with a 25% Volunteer Discount. To learn more email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who are our Student Volunteers?
Any high school or college student with a passion for working with others in their community is invited to volunteer with younger learners participating in AWIM. There are a variety of engagement options to choose from, so every student volunteer can find an impactful way to give back in the classroom. Students have the opportunity to connect with younger learners to share STEM concepts and ideas, igniting that same spark they have in themselves.
SAE International’s LearnTwice™ program provides university students with a unique opportunity to volunteer with young learners participating in A World In Motion® (AWIM). Volunteers receive resources and training to support AWIM in a local classroom. Through near-peer mentoring, university teams earn a stipend to use toward SAE competition expenses. LearnTwice is open to all active teams participating in any of SAE International's University Programs.
Volunteers Make the Difference
- More one-on-one interactions
- Opportunity to build relationships with mentors and make real-world connections
- Additional bandwidth to assist with classroom instruction
- Access to industry-perspectives and real-world applications that help augment the AWIM curriculum
Industry Volunteer Benefits
- Give back by volunteering at a school in your local community
- Chance to encourage diversity and inclusion for the next generation
Going back to teach "A World In Motion" to kids in fifth grade just reminded me of what I was when I was in fifth grade and how inspired I was and seeing the look on their face when they saw their car roll across the ground for the first time, it was just an instant reminder of why I'm doing what I'm doing.
Vehicle Integration Engineer, Ford Motor Company
Former AWIM student, CDS Team Captain, and Learn Twice participant