SAE International has published its latest scholarly journal preview issue, Connected and Automated Vehicles. This journal aims to promote theoretical and applied investigations in the arena of connected and automated vehicles (CAVs) in on-road, off-road, and aerial operational environments. Articles will present original research and developments in such areas as cyber-enabled system capabilities, human-in-the-loop elements, and subsystem and system engineering frameworks. The Journal is edited by Venkat Krovi, Ph.D., FASME (Michelin Endowed Chair Professor of Vehicle Automation, Clemson University—International Center for Automotive Research) in collaboration with an editorial board of worldwide industry experts.
Dr. Krovi specializes in the lifecycle treatment of novel automation and cyber-physical systems, focusing both on theoretical formulation and experimental validation. His work examines novel design-architectures and scalable-control approaches for modulating physical power in Distributed Systems in automotive, plant-automation, co-robotics, and defense application arenas. Dr. Krovi is a National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER Award and Petro-Canada Young Innovator Award recipient, with research published in more than 175 journal/conference articles, book chapters, and patents.
SAE International Journal of Connected and Automated Vehicles covers a range of subject areas, including:
- Active perception architectures and implementations (radar, vision, LIDAR) for CAVs
- Sensors and sensor fusion (infrastructure and vehicle-based) for CAVs
- Vehicle design, analysis, and control enhancements for CAVs
- Electrification/vehicle electronics architectures and implementations for CAVs
- Big data analysis and cloud computing architectures
- Vehicle navigation and situational awareness
- Human machine interaction design (driver- and controller-interfaces)
- Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs)
More information about accessing the SAE International Journal of Connected and Automated Vehicles can be found online or by speaking with an SAE representative.
- Available at: discover.saemobilus.org/journals/connected-and-automated-vehicles
- Contact SAE Sales:
888-875-3976 (U.S. and Canada) | 724-772-4086 (Outside North America)
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 127,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our charitable arm, the SAE Foundation, which helps fund programs like A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.
- www.sae.org -Continue reading »