Presented by SAE – Innovations in Mobility, “Computer Vision and AI-based Systems for AVs and the Exponential Data Growth,” will be held Thursday, Nov. 8 from 6:30-9 p.m. at Prospect SV, 1608 Las Plumas Ave., San Jose, Calif.
The Meet-up will include two presentations:
- Meeting the Challenges of Exponential Data Growth Head-on
Ralf Nikolaus, Altran
Lawrence Vivolo, Dell EMC
During their presentation, Ralf and Lawrence will describe some of the challenges and best practices that are related to the complexity and volumes of data to efficiently validating driver assistant systems:
- Automated collection of all meta-information and pre-labeling and data enrichment
- Validation and testing of software modules relevant to safety
- Inter-divisional development in non-homogeneous sensor tool landscapes
- Operation of a scalable SiL and HiL environment as well as the execution of SW tests, simulation, analysis and evaluation
- Distributed data management of very large quantities of data (mass data)
- Distributed and parallelized data processing and flexible access to collected and processed data (big data, private cloud computing)
- Data retention and security
- Potential risk of public- vs. private cloud implementations
- Saleable IT infrastructures that can grow dynamically
Lawrence brings more than 30 years in high-technology design, marketing and business expertise to his role as Automotive and Electronic Design Automation (EDA) Business Development Manager for Dell EMC.
- Leveraging Real World and Synthetic Data for Combined Datasets
Peter Gronerth (FKA)
During this presentation, Peter Gronerth will give insights into current developments made at IKA and FKA as well as into his own research. The later one concentrates on the creation of semi-artifical training data applied to train neural networks. The resulting datasets leverage the strengths of real-world data (available e.g. through KITTI, CamVid, Berkley DeepDrive or Cityscapes) and artifical datasets (e.g. Synthia) by recombining elements of available images.
Gronerth is currently a researcher & developer at fka‘s HQ in Aachen, Germany. He will be joining FKA SV starting January 2019 with the focus of implementing advancements made at the HQ into both the immersive driving simulator and FKA SV’s test vehicle. His research focuses on digital image processing and machine learning, both essential to his work regarding the creation of environment models for autonomous driving.
To learn more or to register, visit https://www.meetup.com/SAE-Innovations-in-Mobility/events/255749141/.
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 127,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.
- www.sae.org -
Continue reading »