SAE International administers more than 60 award and recognition programs and co-sponsors three programs in cooperation with sister societies.
Aerospace Engineering Awards include:
- Engineering Leadership Award - This award commends an individual at the corporate official level for outstanding contributions to the field of aerospace engineering through his/her leadership skills, making the greatest positive impact on the aerospace community. Recognition may be for a singular accomplishment or lifetime achievement. Nomination Deadline: February 1.
- Steven M. Atkins Ability and Achievement in Science, Engineering and Technology (AASET) Award - Honor an individual with disabilities, who through their technical achievements, innovation, leadership and inspiration, have contributed to the aerospace industry. Nomination Deadline: February 1.
- Cliff Garrett Turbomachinery Engineering Award - The recipient of this award will be a distinguished authority in the field of turbomachinery and/or engineering related to creating, enabling, or advancing applications of turbomachinery in power systems, on-highway, off-highway, aircraft, and/or spacecraft uses. Nomination Deadline: February 1.
- Clarence L. (Kelly) Johnson Aerospace Vehicle Design and Development Award – This award will honor the distinguished career of an individual or team who has made significant contributions in the innovative design and development of advanced aircraft and/or spacecraft. Key criteria is the technical value and originality of the contributions. Nomination Deadline: February 1.
- Franklin W. Kolk Air Transportation Progress Award - Recognize an individual or team for their unique and outstanding contributions to air transportation and/or to the work of the aerospace technical committees in developing aerospace standards, specifications, technical reports, and data through cooperative research. Nomination Deadline: February 1.
- William Littlewood Memorial Lecture - Together, SAE and AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics) honor an accomplished individual whose distinguished career has made a significant contribution in the field of civil air transportation. The recipient of this award will present a lecturer and author a technical paper primarily focused on the technical value and originality of their contributions as they have expanded civil air transportation. Nomination Deadline: February 1.
- Marvin Whitlock Award - An individual or team will be honored for their outstanding management accomplishment(s) which has resulted in superior aviation maintenance integrity of airline, fixed base, corporate or military aircraft operations. Nomination Deadline: February 1.
- A4A/SAE Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Innovation Award - recognize a government and/or industry team that has developed and applied a technology, technique, process, or policy that advances inspection or test of civil/commercial aircraft structure, aircraft components, or aircraft systems. Improvements will be assessed as a function of process sensitivity, reliability, and cost effectiveness. Nomination Deadline: June 1.
- Rodica Baranescu Award for Technical & Leadership Excellence -this award celebrates the successes of women in the engineering profession and recognizes their leadership and exceptional technical contributions to the aerospace, automotive and commercial vehicle sectors. Nomination Deadline: July 1.
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 127,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our charitable arm, the SAE Foundation, which helps fund programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.
- www.sae.org -
Continue reading »