Held April 9-11 in Detroit, the event featured keynote presentations from Mobileye’s Erez Dagan on how AI enables the future of technology; and Charles Payne on his Wall Street predictions for the mobility industry. The Connected Vehicle Challenge featured participants building a system or solution to demonstrate how vehicle connectivity can enhance communities, quality of life and the environment.
In addition, WCX featured 1,060 technical papers; 1,203 presentations; 1,000+ hours of technical content; and nearly 170 exhibits. Call for Papers for the 2020 event will open in June 2019.
Other highlights from WCX included:
- SAE’s “Demo Days,” which offered the public a demonstration of autonomous vehicles
- Leadership Summit at which thought leaders addressed critical business issues surrounding technology development that affect vehicle design and deployment strategies.
- Learning Lab, which featured unprecedented interaction with new technology from exhibitors in the Learning Lab. Participants discussed the latest innovations in mobility products with engineers and suppliers in an intimate theater venue; they also asked questions and experienced hands-on demonstrations.
- SAE International Awards Ceremony sponsored by J.D. Power, this event honored professionals, educators and students for excellence in mobility
- SAE J3300™ Driving Skills Certification Ride and Drive – attendees participated in two of the driving certification tests. One for DL1 certification, which focuses on basic driving and maneuvering skills.The other for TT1 certification, which focuses on basic trailer towing of small to midsize trailers.
- Micromobility Pavilion featured Spin electric scooters
WCX showcased a full-spectrum, full-sensory interactive experience, uniting the mobility industry’s best talent from innovation hubs around the world for active learning, high-powered collaboration and technological discovery.
The SAE International® WCX 2020 will be held at Detroit’s Cobo Center from April 21-23, 2020.
SAE International is a global association committed to advancing mobility knowledge and solutions for the benefit of humanity. By engaging nearly 200,000 engineers, technical experts and volunteers, we connect and educate mobility professionals to enable safe, clean, and accessible mobility solutions. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including award-winning programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.
- www.sae.org -
Continue reading »