Inaugural class to be honored for commitment and contributions on November 16
WARRENDALE, Pa. (October 24, 2019) – SAE International announces its inaugural Contributor of the Year Class, recognizing those for their ongoing commitment and contributions to the organization and the entire mobility industry. From the Contributor of the Year Class, the organization will bestow a top honor—The SAE International Contributor of the Year Award—to one individual who stands out for peerless commitment to advancing the industry through SAE activities at an awards dinner on November 16, in Las Vegas.
“We are so grateful to the more than 60,000 individuals who help to move the mobility industry forward by tirelessly contributing their time, knowledge and passion to SAE International each year,” said Raman Venkatesh, Ph.D., Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at SAE International. “To further honor those professionals from industry and academia who best support the efforts of SAE International, we launched a special event so they receive the proper thanks and recognition they deserve.”
The members of the 2019 Contributor of the Year Class were nominated by SAE International staff based on their wide-ranging volunteer and engagement contributions across the organization.
The 2019 Contributor of the Year Class (listed below by state then alphabetically):
- Dean Case, Motivo Engineering
- Nhat Mai, Aerofit LLC
- Ravi Rajamani, drR2 Consulting
- Paul Kunder, Amera-Veritas Inc.
- Daniel Selke, Mercedes-Benz USA LLC
- Jacque Bader, Rolls-Royce Corporation
- Mark Paul, Rolls-Royce Corporation
- Robert Voros, Textron Aviation
- Suzanne Lightman, National Institute of Standards & Technology
- Joe Barkai, JBMC
- Amalia Batori, Bosch Corporation
- Angela Barber, Mitsubishi Motors R&D of America Inc.
- Lisa Boran, Ford Motor Company
- Vern Caron, Caron Engineering Inc.
- Maura Chmielowiec, General Motors
- Alba Colon, Hendrick Motorsports
- Robert Gruszczynski, Volkswagen of America (Retired)
- Joseph Jaklic, OSRAM - Automotive AML TL D
- John Johnson, Michigan Technological University
- Adit Joshi, Ford Motor Company
- Steven Karamihas, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- Laura Klauser, General Motors
- John Krzeszewski, Aptiv
- Alan Pearson, Whitehorse Manufacturing Quality Consultants LLC
- Ronald Rath, TECAT Performance Systems
- Pranab Saha, Kolano and Saha Engineers Inc.
- Mark Zachos, DG Technologies
- Brian Sova, Boeing
- New York
- Professor Martin Gordon, P.E., Rochester Institute of Technology
- North Carolina
- Jennifer LaFever, Roush & Yates Racing Engines LLC
- Rhonda Walthall, Collins Aerospace
- Jeffrey Calcaterra, United States Air Force
- Kinsey Olson Sovern, Goken America
- Gary Brown, Carpenter Technology Corp
- Robert Wagner, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Lonnie Dong, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
- Floyd Fazi, Lockheed Martin Corp
- Shadrach Nanney, Parker Hannifin Corp
- Thomas Ryan, III, T. Ryan and Associates
- Robert Steffen, Raytheon Precision Manufacturing
- Mehdi Ahmadian, Virginia Tech
- Washington, D.C.
- Robert Ireland, Airlines for America
- Jennifer Morrison, Mazda Motor Corporation
- Nadir Yilmaz, Howard University
- Jason Kuo, Alberta Transportation
- Jacques Leroux, Dow Chemical
- Leonid Tartakovsky, Technion Israel Institute of Technology
- Dr. Simona Silvia Merola, Ph.D., Istituto Motori CNR
To learn more about volunteer programs and opportunities at SAE International, please visit:
About SAE International
SAE International is a global association committed to advancing mobility knowledge and solutions for the benefit of humanity. By engaging nearly 200,000 engineers, technical experts and volunteers, we connect and educate mobility professionals to enable safe, clean, and accessible mobility solutions. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs award-winning programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™. More at www.sae.org.
###Continue reading »