Join SAE's network of 127,000 members and start empowering yourself today with member benefits that include technology resources, career enhancement, professional development, networking, leadership, and recognition opportunities.
Exclusive SAE Member Benefits
- NEW! Digital Membership Cards. Learn more under the Membership FAQs.
- Member Get a Member Campaign: Running from September – December 2019, current members can earn a $10 gift card for every new member you recruit. The more new members you recruit, the more gift cards you earn!
- Member Connection: An online global community just for our members, you can join technical discussions, either organically member driven, or scheduled and organized Subject Matter Expert Technical Discussions, and share information with some of the finest minds in the mobility industry.
- Mentor Community: An online community where members can find mentors or mentees to engage with; participate in the Virtual Mentor Mixers and ask expert mentor hosts your career questions.
- SAE industry magazines: Members can choose one of three of SAE’s award-winning magazines, plus opt in for a digital subscription to the new magazine, Autonomous Vehicle Engineering.
- Update: A members-only online newsletter that provides you with the latest news happening within the SAE International community.
- SAE Career Counselor: Series of free videos to help you enhance your soft skills, like goal-setting, time management, developing a presentation, and more.
- SAE Career Center: Members get advance notice of new industry jobs before anyone else.
- Two free on-demand professional development courses: Introduction to the Automotive Ecosystem and Standardization in a Competitive Environment.
- Discounts on SAE products and services: books, technical papers, standards, SAE-owned conferences, and professional development tools.
- Volunteer opportunities: Make an impact on your industry and build leadership skills through local and national volunteer opportunities.
- SAE partner program discounts: Get exclusive discounts on insurance, office supplies, travel services, and more.
- SAE Sections: Connect with other local SAE members to enhance your technical, developmental, and personal needs.
- Access to My Standards Tracking: Personalize your alerts for updates on aerospace and ground vehicle standards.
- Awards and Recognition: Recognize and be recognized by your peers for professional accomplishments—there are multiple prestigious members-only awards.
- SAE Young Professional and Student Member Technical Paper Competition: A technical paper competition open to student and young professional members only, where two students and two young professionals win an all-expenses paid trip to Innovations in Mobility, the opportunity to present their papers, and be published by SAE.