Request a Tax Receipt For Sponsors & Donors

SAE International is a 501(c)(3) organization and thus, exempt from federal income tax. It is also classified as a public charity under sections 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A)(vi) of the Internal Revenue Code.

SAE Collegiate Chapters and SAE Collegiate Design Series™ teams are considered SAE International, not independent entities. Therefore, they are eligible to receive tax deductible bequests, devises, transfers or gifts under section 2055, 2106 or 2522 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Review the Finance Information for Collegiate Chapters page for more details

Instructions to request a tax receipt:

  • Click here to access the form and save it to your hard drive.
  • Enter your university name at the top of the form (and delete the red box).
  • Fill in the information for sponsor and their donation.
  • Sign and date the form (can be signed by a Collegiate Chapter student officer or a Faculty Advisor).
  • Email the completed form to
  • For cash donations of $500 or more, submit copies of the front and back of the check with your form.
  • The SAE controller will sign it and email it back to you so you can give it to your sponsors.

Complete a separate form for each sponsor/donor.

Submit completed forms to