The SAE Local Section Speaker Series brings preeminent mobility industry leaders to SAE Local Sections. These nationally recognized mobility experts offer Section Members and the broader mobility community insightful perspectives on a range of industry topics and share their career journeys including how they got to where they are today.
For contact information for the following speakers, please reach out to Abby Hartman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mechanical Engineer 2
Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Topic: Project Management in Formula SAE
Topic: The Evolution of the C8 Mid-engine Corvette
John Laurence Busch
- Engineers Presentation: Building the First “Steamship” in History
- Materials Presentation: Building the First “Steamship” in History
- Systems Engineering Presentation: Building the First “Steamship” in History
- Fueling Our Future Transportation Needs
- Why So Many Lubricants in My Garage?
- They Don't Build Automobiles the Way They Used to!
Nissan Technical Center North America
Topic: Working Toward "Virtually Zero" Motor Vehicle Fatalities
Equipment Needs: Projector for presenting a Microsoft Powerpoint presentation from a laptop. Microphone is requested if a large auditorium is planned.
- Edsel: The Story of Henry Ford's Forgotten Son
- Ford Automobile Design: 1926-1951: Products & Personalities
- The Last Days of Henry Ford
Adam Garfein, Ph.D.
Partner and Co-founder, Menawat & Co.
Co-author of Execution Dynamics and Profit Mapping
- Execution Dynamics: Driving Cost and Operational Efficiency
- Predictive Operational Analytics for EBITDA Improvement
- Operational Transformation, Execution and Profit Improvement.
Note: Will tailor talk and title for specific audience.
- Agricultural Equipment Technology; An Overview of the State-of-the-Art Agriculture Today
- The Homologation Process of Preparing Machinery "for sale" in Europe; A synopsis of the overall process
- International Standards Development Process; An insight Availability
Notes: Available to speak at 5-6 section meetings. Cannot be away for more than two consecutive days.
- My Steps in Developing the “Coaster” Telematics System for Smart Cities and Fleets
- My Steps in Prototyping the “CarHop” V2V System for the SAE Conncted Vehicle Challenge
- The C7 Corvette has redefined "Super Car."
- Raising the Bar on the FIA 24 Hour World Endurance Record.
Equipment needs: Computer reading PowerPoint and a digital projector