Volunteer and Make an Impact
Interested in shaping your career? Make a real—and lasting—impact on your industry by engaging with SAE International.
Engagement opportunities include:
Launch your professional development through paper or book publishing:
Research, draft and submit a technical paper to one of SAE’s professional events or to a scholarly journal. Or, share your knowledge with the industry at large by serving as a book author, editor or reviewer.
Guide future generations through school and university programs:
Use your passion and experience to nurture the next generation of engineers in the early stages of their career. Connect with elementary or middle school STEM students through SAE’s A World in Motion Program, or advise university engineering majors through the Collegiate Design Series.
Elevate your experience through a position on a professional committee:
Maximize your leadership potential through a wide variety of high-profile positions on SAE’s Technical Standards Committees or other professional technical committees.
SAE PROPEL - Your Gateway to Engage with SAE
Get Started: Participating with SAE has never been easier.
Becoming involved with us will help you to build upon skills you already have. It’s a great way to explore new fields and expand your work portfolio in your field. And don’t forget—it’s the perfect way to meet new people who share the same passion as you for bettering their personal development, industry, and our future generation.
- Advance your career or gain career experience
- Provide inspiration and guidance to the future generation
- Connect to the engineering community
How to Engage on SAE Propel
- Visit connection.sae.org/saepropel to view all volunteer opportunities
- Sign up for email notifications and you will be sent information about volunteer opportunities when they are posted. SAE has opportunities for involvement at the at the local section level to leadership and speaking opportunities at engineering meetings, events and conferences.
- Browse opportunities on SAE Propel that match your skills, interests and expertise—from committee leaders and advisors, to school STEM programs and university chapters, to technical authors and assorted board and committee chairs.
Browse Opportunities Receive
SAE offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities for those wishing to advance their careers, interests, and industries.
Questions? Contact Customer Service:
Toll-free: +1 877-606-7323 (U.S. and Canada)
Phone: +1 724-776-4970 (Outside U.S. & Canada)
Fax: +1 724-776-0790