Special Issue on Requirement and Specification Development for Complex Automated Vehicle Systems
It is projected that most of the failures in present and future automated vehicles will find their source in the very requirements and specifications from which they were developed. Automated vehicle systems can be the result as the collaboration from several unique distributed corporations. Even semiconductor SOCs can generate thousands of detailed pages of requirements regarding a host of diverse technologies. System of systems can generate even more requirements and specifications in relation to how these systems must interact, communicate, or monitor each other for faulty or aberrant behaviour. AI machine and deep learning systems add yet another layer of complexity related to operational context, training, validation and safety assurance.
This special issue targets the systematic development of requirements and specifications which would lead to a complete and absolute understanding of the complex systems at any hierarchical level of implementation.
The SAE International Journal of Connected and Automated Vehicles and this special issue provide a peer-reviewed platform for both industry and academia to present new research and developments in this important knowledge domain.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Methods, processes, policies and tools to develop and vet functional and nonfunctional requirements or specifications
- Development of verification and validation test specifications assuring functional performance and safety.
- Model Based System Specification techniques
- Specification of system Operational Design Domains
- Vetting specifications for completeness and accuracy and systematically reduce the risk of unknown or unanticipated system behaviors.
- Syntax based methods for the creation of requirements & specifications
- Model based specification for development and test of automated driving functions
- Requirements & Specifications using constrained natural language
- Requirements & Specifications ensuring the safe assurance of AI systems
- Semi-Formal and Formal methods for developing requirements & specifications for Automated vehicles or the Semiconductor Systems On Chip (SOCs) which enable them.