IN THIS ISSUE:
COVER STORY: JCB debuts clean-sheet hydrogen combustion engine
JCB has a team of 150 engineers working on hydrogen combustion engines. Prototype engines currently are powering a backhoe loader and Loadall telescopic handler machines.
Headliners from Las Vegas
Big reveals abounded at the triennial CONEXPO trade show. Following are some of the most notable unveilings from the desert.
- Cat doubles down on diesel with new C13D platform
- Deere pursues electric construction machines and charging infrastructure
- JCB debuts clean-sheet hydrogen combustion engine
- Volvo CE unveils electric asphalt compactor, announces NA arrival of L350H loader
- HD Honda reveals next-gen Autonomous Work Vehicle
Deere 3D-prints fuel valves for tractors
HP’s binder jetting technology and GKN’s manufacturing expertise helped John Deere realize its first 3D-printed metal part for mass production.
Returning to the SAE presidency for 2023
Setting a “prudently aggressive” mindset in advancing SAE’s goals in the mobility ecosystem.
Editorial: Autonomous trucking hits rocky road
- Danfoss targets excavators with new digital-hydraulics system
- CrossControl advances virtual fencing and object detection
- Hydrogen lightens the load for heavy trucks
- Brunswick launches all-electric marine outboard
- HD Hyundai envisions future of sustainable energy
- Medium-duty electric trucks dominate at NTEA show
- SPOTLIGHT: Electronic Components; Fasteners/Adhesives