1974-02-01

First Results of Exact Accident Data Acquisition on Scene 740568

For one year now, an interdisciplinary team (engineers, physicians and a psychologist) has been working on an analysis of accident occurences, in Hannover. The accident causes, proceedings and consequences should be analysed by as precise and accurate methods of data acquisition as possible on the scene of the accident.First results show that only 36% of the accident causes could have been avoided or at least reduced. The remaining 64% of the accidents were based on human failings which cannot be changed or only changed with great difficulty.The analysis of accidents involving pedestrians showed that the more serious injuries were due to the impact with the vehicle and not the road surface.

SAE MOBILUS

Subscribers can view annotate, and download all of SAE's content. Learn More »

Access SAE MOBILUS »

Members save up to 43% off list price.
Login to see discount.
Special Offer: Purchase more aerospace standards and aerospace material specifications and save! AeroPaks off a customized subscription plan that lets you pay for just the documents that you need, when you need them.
X