On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 from 10 a.m. PST / 1 p.m. EST, experts will discuss key findings from the report, “Securing the Modern Vehicle: A Study of Automotive Industry Cybersecurity Practices.”
The independent study, which was commissioned by SAE International and Synopsys, and conducted by Ponemon, indicates that:
- The automotive industry has insufficient cybersecurity resources and skills.
- Some of those most knowledgeable about automotive cybersecurity feel powerless to voice their concerns.
- Automotive cybersecurity testing may be occurring too late in the product development life cycle.
Speakers will include:
- Larry Ponemon, Chairman and Founder, Ponemon Institute
- Tim Weisenberger, Project Manager, Technical Programs, SAE International
- Chris Clark, Principal Security Engineer, Strategic Initiatives, Synopsys, SIG
SAE International is a global association committed to advancing mobility knowledge and solutions for the benefit of humanity. By engaging nearly 200,000 engineers, technical experts and volunteers, we connect and educate mobility professionals to enable safe, clean, and accessible mobility solutions. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.
- www.sae.org –
Continue reading »