IN THIS ISSUE:
High on hydrogen
Through its Symbio joint venture with Michelin, Faurecia expands far beyond its interior-systems base into the fuel-cell future.
Simulating a faster route to ADAS
and AV validation
With its new cloud-based Simphera platform, dSpace responds to demand from global automated-vehicle development teams to help manage their expanding, complex workload.
Innovating the methanol fuel cell
Using methanol as the source fuel provides an alternative to a gaseous-hydrogen distribution and storage infrastructure, among other potential benefits.
Engineering the 2022 Toyota Tundra
Chief Engineer Mike Sweers talks structure, materials and a different approach to hybrid power.
Ford C2 is model for EV scale
Suppliers battle a new set of ILLs
- No-batteries-included Corvette Z06: More sting
for the 2023 Stingray
- Bosch debuts new CV-specific electric motor
- Innovative ‘Afreecar’ wins SAE 2021 Create the
Future Design award
- 3D graphene boosts new batteries beyond lithium-ion
- Hercules readies Alpha electric pickup prototypes
- VW adds traction in budding EV market with AWD for ID.4
Spotlight: ADAS Sensors, Electronics & Semiconductors
Conversation with the two engineers largely responsible for readying and running Volkswagen’s new U.S. battery-pack plant.