This Aerospace Recommended Practice (ARP) provides general requirements for a generic, integrated rudder and brake pedal unit, incorporating a passive force-feel system that could be used for fixed-wing fly-by wire transport and business aircraft.
This ARP addresses the following:
- The functions to be implemented
- The mechanical interconnection between captain and F/O station
- The geometric and mechanical characteristics
- The mechanical, electrical, and electronic interfaces
- The safety and certification requirements